Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Travel

Post by Selby White »

Currently in Mallorca doing a few coast and mountain hikes. Am absolutely whacked been a few tough ones usually doing 12 miles per day (not sure a couple of bottles of wine each evening helps).
Crazy way to celebrate a birthday :shock:

Weather started hot but been a bit Chilly last 3 or 4 days but temps climbing today so shorts are back out.

Actually having a rest day today a stroll along a beach will be limit of our efforts today then got a last walk planned tomoz before returning home Sunday.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote:New York
Illinois
Pennsylvania
New Jersey
Massachusetts
Missouri
Tennessee
Arkansas
Louisiana
Georgia
Washington
Colarado
Utah
California
Texas
Wyoming
Montana
South Dakota
Kansas
Oklahoma
New Mexico
Nevada
Arizona
Missisippi

Could add Florida & Minnesota as had feet on the ground but only seen airports while changing flights (Miami and Minneapolis)
Will be adding another State in September as just booked for a touring holiday which will include a few nights in Oregon (Grants Pass, Newport & Portland).
The tour starts in San Francisco before heading over the Golden Gate Bridge and to the Napa Valley wine region (with winery visits :D ). Then its the Redwood national park before reaching Oregon. We finish the tour in Seattle which along with San Fran are two places I've previously visited but Mrs SW hasn't (She will officially be Mrs SW by then :D ).

We've took the option of sorting our own flights and transfers for which the tour company knocked a significant amount off the cost. Have got a deal with BA to fly to SF and back from Seattle the day before and day after the tour group (plus hotels) so will meet them in the first hotel.
So extra day in each city to do our own thing (both great cities) and are actually £300 better off (nice start to the spending budget :D ).
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Sounds like a fantastic trip SW, something for you both to really look forward to! :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Fao - VHTM

I know from another thread Vid is doing the NC 500 soon so found this post I put on here 3 years ago just before we did it.
Selby White wrote:Just putting final plans together for a tour of Scotland me and my better half are doing soon. Its something we both fancied
doing, the top bit follows scenic highways and is Scotlands "route 66" and has its own website.http://www.northcoast500.com/home.aspx

Its going to be hectic with 12 different stopovers in 13 nights, varying between hotel, B & B, Pub & cottage. We'll share the driving which basically means 90% me, lol.

Here is our planned route :-
Nights 1 & 2 - Edinburgh (going to picnic at Holy Island on route up, she wants to visit)
3 - Stirling
4. Aberdeen (meeting an old friend up for a meal)
5. Inverness
6. Wick
7. Strathy Inn(its right on the north coast).
8. Some cottage close to Ullapool.
9. Loch Carron
10. Drumnadochit (on Loch Ness)
11. Near Fort William
12. Crianlarich (north of Loch Lommond),stopping on route here for lunch at Oban sea food hut as recommended on here by NW.
13. Glasgow.
14. Home

Few points -
Inverness is a cracking city we both enjoyed it could have done with another night.

Really good French restaurant in Wick if you like that sort of thing.

Old Pultney distillery also in Wick (Johnh told me at the time), don't drink it myself bur Mrs liked it.

John O'Groats is obvious visit but further along the north coast two more points of interest, Dunnett Head which is actually the most northerly point on main land Britain. Strathy Point is where the Atlantic meets the north sea, we stayed at the Strathy Inn a little pub on the north coast run by a Yorkshire Man (good pub grub)

You wont be alone in a motorhome, lots of them.

Watch out for sheep :shock:

Some long distances between petrol stations, fill up when you can.

If you go to Applecross enjoy the drive its a cracker ;)

Have a great trip. :thumbup:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Cheers for that Selb. I have afew of them stops on my ambitious 29 stops in 6 days :shock: some will be short stops tho. This trip we are planning to avoid the cities and large towns except for Petrol stations obviously. The main things we will be visiting along the route are. Castles, Waterfalls, Caves, Beaches & Lighthouses. Looking forward to Dunnet Head we may stay over up there depending on the wind.

If we have enough time we are hoping to drive from Applecross along the Bealach na Ba. Me being the thoughtful person i am i will be surprising my cousin (i've done the itinerary) by making sure he will be driving for that part of the trip. :D Altho in saying that i'm not a good passenger.

We really are hoping that Motorhomes are not like rats up there. Never more than 3 feet. I have bought a cheap inflatable Kayak, that will be another thing i will let my cousin test first. :angel:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Off tomorrow to Ferragudo, Portugal for a fortnight, apparently theres a fair chance of seeing the sun so I'm taking a camera in case neighbours, friends etc don't believe it can actually be seen.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Davycc wrote:Off tomorrow to Ferragudo, Portugal for a fortnight, apparently theres a fair chance of seeing the sun so I'm taking a camera in case neighbours, friends etc don't believe it can actually be seen.

Have a good ‘un. :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Did VHTM get lost on his trip :o
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Off tomorrow to Ferragudo, Portugal for a fortnight, apparently theres a fair chance of seeing the sun so I'm taking a camera in case neighbours, friends etc don't believe it can actually be seen.

Enjoy :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

It's a bit manic at King's x Station virtually all trains north cancelled due to line issues. Sending everyone to Euston to go via Manchester. Great Fun. :cry: