Fish & chips

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Fish & chips

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My favourite fish & chip shops are....

North Bay Fisheries in Scarbados without doubt the best there is.

Trenchers in Whitby much better than The Magpie in my humble opinion.

St Michaels Fisheries in Headingley only a tiny shop but the product is excellent.

Share your favourites.
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Fish & chips

Post by Mr Russell »

Agree with you with the Headingley one NW, when i went to cricket always went there.

There used to be a great one in Keighley but can't remember it's name.

One thing i do miss bout the UK is British Fish & Chips. Best in the World.

Manfrydays in Bali is pretty good, run by 2 British ex-pats, one was a Southampton fan.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Rocco's in Kilkenny, Ireland... Probably a bit far for most of you to go for a fish supper :D
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Love the Wetherby Whaler as well as Brett’s in Headingley, though the last time we ate there it wasn’t their best night. Down here we have George’s which is decent but compared to Yorkshire fish and chips they aren’t a patch on them.
On a similar vein a friend of ours doesn’t believe you should have mushy peas with your fish and should only have them with pork pies, controversial or what ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Mushy peas are an essential ingredient with fish & chips in my humble opinion. Curry sauce is another good accompaniment as is white bread & butter ( never brown :evil: ) My wife prefers garden peas but then again she is from Barnsley :roll:
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Mushy peas are an essential ingredient with fish & chips in my humble opinion. Curry sauce is another good accompaniment as is white bread & butter ( never brown :evil: ) My wife prefers garden peas but then again she is from Barnsley :roll:
Spot on NW, however I have been known to have beans with fish and chips.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

The Dolphin in Leith was a favourite when we were heading back to Forfar after an away trip to Berwick.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Wigan White wrote:
I could live with that if I’m ‘onest. I remember a similar thread on here a few years back, when whether you should have skin on or off the fish :roll: I’m a skin off man missen :thumbup:
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
I could live with that if I’m ‘onest. I remember a similar thread on here a few years back, when whether you should have skin on or off the fish :roll: I’m a skin off man missen :thumbup:
That sir, would depend on the fish in question.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

It's the one thing i truly miss most of all living in the Philippines is my chip butty or a good fish and chips with some potato pie and garlic mushrooms.

While here i eat more rice dishes and Filipino foods which are tasty too but being from England originally i just can't beat the craving for a good old proper fish and chip shop and there isn't any in my city. It has been a thought for a business to set up but Filipinoes are finicky about what they eat and are so boring when you ask them to try out something new to eat.