Most Users Ever Online

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Most Users Ever Online

Post by kk white »

Just noticed for this great site, the most users ever online was 268 on 31 Jan 2014 at 20:31, so I had to Google what was happening at the time...

''Leeds United have sacked manager Brian McDermott with around three hours to go on transfer deadline day.''

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/25992204

Do any mods have info of other moments when we had big traffic on the site?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Most Users Ever Online

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Yes a Norwich fan once posted a link to this site on the Pink ‘Un & that night saw the record to which I believe you are quoting. It’s funny we achieve the highest number of posters & guests when we have problems at the club, rarely when things are going well. What I find hard to believe is the number of members who join but never come back or those who join & never join in any debate, I’m sure discussion is what a forum is about. However we remain a family friendly place & Admin & Mods will continue to keep it that way, even though some think we don’t it correctly.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I looked at that when i was doing the new members map. I was thinking should I only as members with over a certain number of posts as there were loads of pins with members who hadn't be back in over a year or more.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

NottinghamWhite wrote:However we remain a family friendly place & Admin & Mods will continue to keep it that way, even though some think we don’t it correctly.
Perhaps 1 or 2, pal. Great job by the admins/mods, add to that, the different subjects, debates, divided opinions etc, ultimately make this a fantastic forum to be apart of. Long may it continue.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Davycc wrote:I looked at that when i was doing the new members map. I was thinking should I only as members with over a certain number of posts as there were loads of pins with members who hadn't be back in over a year or more.
I think it should be a minimum of 20-30 posts because that allows the person to be recognized by many members as some post more frequently than others while others post infrequently but are still active members.

After 30 posts usually they have either been hook line and sunk into the workings of the forum. They won't feel under any pressure to any request for their map location then either. Just my thoughts on it Davy.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

kk_white wrote:Just noticed for this great site, the most users ever online was 268 on 31 Jan 2014 at 20:31, so I had to Google what was happening at the time...

''Leeds United have sacked manager Brian McDermott with around three hours to go on transfer deadline day.''

I remember that discussion, It was quiet hectic with many people up in arms about McDermotts sudden dismissal and the next day his sudden hiring again, only to be fired once again by the mad man Cellino. I knew after that first time that I wanted Cellino out. He hadn't even purchased the club when he fired McDermott how stupid can a person get in all fairness.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

CorkWhite wrote:
kk_white wrote:Just noticed for this great site, the most users ever online was 268 on 31 Jan 2014 at 20:31, so I had to Google what was happening at the time...

I remember that discussion, It was quiet hectic with many people up in arms about McDermotts sudden dismissal and the next day his sudden hiring again, only to be fired once again by the mad man Cellino. I knew after that first time that I wanted Cellino out. He hadn't even purchased the club when he fired McDermott how stupid can a person get in all fairness.
Yes, totally agree mate. I remember I was getting goaded at the time by a couple of Cellino lovers or WUM's who were even trying to say that as McDermott had been 'fired' for the Hudders match that the records should show that he had nothing to do with the win.