York and Guiseley games

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3150

Re: York and Guiseley games

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Ben White looking promising
dunlop
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunlop »

i thought most of the guys played ok tonight , but guiseley were def more up for it especially 1st half!
standouts for me were: costa , white & shackleton.
personally i was disappointed with klich because to me , he seemed to slow the play down a lot and looked indecisive with what to do with the ball when he got it.
also , yet again our set plays were useless!
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

Was Roberts injured again?
Palpatan
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Palpatan »

Robert Sinjured is our new #10.
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

Ben White was impressive tonight... good defensive awareness, some good interceptions and good on the ball. It'll be interesting to see how he copes with a Pulis type team (aerial bombardment), but could well be an upgrade on Jansson... ok he lacks experience but he certainly doesn't seem to have an ego / dodgy temperament that may affect his game.

Davis looked ok too... I can see why Pearce and Denton were released...

Bogusz is going to be a good player too.

With all the doom and gloom about transfers, I wonder whether it's all redundant given the quality of the youth coming through.... maybe we don't need to much more... apparently we're after one more in Central defence and one more who can play anywhere across the front three and maybe a No. 10.

I don't know if they're planning on selling Roofe, but if not, I think we'll be ok up front as if either of Roofe or Bamford are injured, I reckon Bielsa will try Costa as the No. 9... he tried it with Harrison in the cup game against QPR.

I posted on here towards the end of last season that I didn't think Bamford / Roofe was the problem... what we needed was more clear cut chances which would be provided by wide men... So we got Costa...we've got Clarke.... I trust Bielsa when he says he can change Harrison into a 15m player (this is the guy that wanted to sign Kante at Marseille (but they said he was too expensive!) He can clearly spot a player.... Wha had heard of Dan James? Now he's at Man U...

So if we can get Ryan Kent... I'd be happy with our squad.... I think MB can convert any of our wide players into strikers if needs be.... the key is players with pace who can beat their man on the byline and serve it up on a plate for the no. 9....

Going back to the Guiseley game, the player I was most impressed with was NOHAN KENNEH, who came on for Ben White when White got cramp.

I'd heard about this guy in th last couple of weeks as someone that was at Leeds but that PSG were sniffing around... I thought he looked the business last night... his first pass was slightly wayward, but after that, he didn't put a foot wrong... a Kante type player who keeps the game moving along.... simple passes, not glory hunting... and a good physique for a footballer.... so I looked him up on the internet... he's only 16! He looked totally at home... his hero is Patrick Vieira, he came to Leeds from Liberia aged seven.... Definitely one to look out for...
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Two wins against York and Guiseley doesn't just make 'transfer talk' redundant, Johnny but it's good to read of sound performances.

Mate of mine is a Brighton fan and he reckons White has great potential but he needs looking after as he 'def will' make some howlers.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Mate of mine is a Brighton fan and he reckons White has great potential but he needs looking after as he 'def will' make some howlers.
He'll slot in perfectly then. :D
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Two wins against York and Guiseley doesn't just make 'transfer talk' redundant, Johnny but it's good to read of sound performances.

My son in law is a season ticket holder and he said that Brighton rate him highly ANS, the fact that they feel confident about him stepping up to the Championship bodes well I think, fingers crossed.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

LAsouthcoast wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:Two wins against York and Guiseley doesn't just make 'transfer talk' redundant, Johnny but it's good to read of sound performances.

My son in law is a season ticket holder and he said that Brighton rate him highly ANS, the fact that they feel confident about him stepping up to the Championship bodes well I think, fingers crossed.
TBH mate I'm not doubting it, if MB wants him then that's good enough for me 8-)