The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by kk white »

Barlow Boy wrote:...with a balcony overlooking the beach. A nice big pool too...
Ah BB, now I'm feeling down too ;)
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Barlow Boy wrote:Well that’s my daughter waved off to her new life in Australia :cry: :cry: :cry:
BB, she will love it here, plus its a great place to visit ;) what part of Oz is she moving to?
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Well that’s my daughter waved off to her new life in Australia :cry: :cry: :cry:
Best of luck to your daughter's new life in Australia BB.

You can now plan ahead and the world is a lot smaller with Skype and other forms of social media, It still doesn't take away that feeling though of missing them and your kids will always be kids in their parents eyes and the distance between you in miles even 1 mile apart will feel the same as 8000 miles does, the only difference is the ability to see each other face to face which is the hardest part to deal with.

Give it a few weeks on Skype and those feelings will dissipate the more you know she is safe and moving on in her new life.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mr Russell wrote:
BB, she will love it here, plus its a great place to visit ;) what part of Oz is she moving to?
It depends where her boyfriend ends up working mate, but the house they have seen is in Queensland and he has several opportunities there, so it looks highly likely to be Queensland.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

CorkWhite wrote:
Best of luck to your daughter's new life in Australia BB.

You can now plan ahead and the world is a lot smaller with Skype and other forms of social media, It still doesn't take away that feeling though of missing them and your kids will always be kids in their parents eyes and the distance between you in miles even 1 mile apart will feel the same as 8000 miles does, the only difference is the ability to see each other face to face which is the hardest part to deal with.

Give it a few weeks on Skype and those feelings will dissipate the more you know she is safe and moving on in her new life.
Cheers Corky, me and Mrs B feel a little better this morning as we know they have arrived in Oz safe and well.

Funnily enough, they are hoping to get married in the Philippines in a couple of years or so :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 5081

It's a lot cheaper to get married in the Philippines that's for sure, But if they are going for a church wedding here trust me there's so much paper work and seminars etc to do before they will allow you to do so. They must also get consent from their local parish priest In the UK or at that time possibly Australian priest or whatever represents them spiritually. The Philippines is a deeply catholic country and it has strict ways like they used to be in Ireland 20-30 years ago.

I was lucky that my wife was doing all the leg work and she being a Filipina helped smooth over some of the processing stuff.

Best of luck to them both.
Deleted User 5081

Will take a short time away from the forum to deal with a few personal things i have been forced to undertake, I will be back shortly.

MOT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

CorkWhite wrote:Will take a short time away from the forum to deal with a few personal things i have been forced to undertake, I will be back shortly.

MOT
Good luck Corky
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Keep yer pecker up, sunshine
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

CorkWhite wrote:Will take a short time away from the forum to deal with a few personal things i have been forced to undertake, I will be back shortly.

MOT
Take care Mate. See you soon ;)
Winner of the Europa League