The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

CorkWhite wrote:Will take a short time away from the forum to deal with a few personal things i have been forced to undertake, I will be back shortly.

MOT
Hope everything is ok pal, see you soon.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

CorkWhite wrote:Will take a short time away from the forum to deal with a few personal things i have been forced to undertake, I will be back shortly.

MOT
Take care Corky :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Not too long I hope CW. Take care.
I once played against Don Revie.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Take care CW.
Best wishes.
PW. :thumbup:
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

MOT
Hope everything turns out well for you CW.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

MOT
We'll be here when you get back Corky... MOT mate.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Hope you sort it out and look forward to your return! :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

All the best CW, ALAW :thumbup:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Was browsing Youtube and had a look at a video on disused Tube stations in London. It reminded me of when I was posted to Singapore. I got a week's embarkation leave at home in Leeds and then had to travel down to London. My instructions were to travel to Goodge Street Tube station which was disused and being used as a transit base for troops going overseas. Going by tube when carrying full kit is an experience in itself, though people tended to give you a wide berth. I arrived at Goodge Street and found that it is one of the deepest tubes. There were about 25 flights of stairs to get down, carrying full kit. There were lifts but these were for Sergeants and above. I was allocated a top bunk (three in a tier) and the space between me and the ceiling was about 18 inches. You had to be fit and agile to work out how to get in it. The 'rooms' were extremely small and the whole experience was very claustrophobic. The major problem, next morning (fortunately I only had to stay one night) was walking UP the 25 flights of stairs with full kit. We then had a bus waiting to take us to Blackbushe airport for our flight to Singapore.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Why has Rigger’s avatar gone all ‘Here’s Johnny’ and Selby Whites disappeared completely ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.