Injuries 2019-2020

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Injuries 2019-2020

Post by superfox »

Do we know how long Ayling, Roberts and Shackleton will be out?
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Shackleton was in the squad at Bristol just didnt make the bench.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Shackleton was in the squad at Bristol just didnt make the bench.
Thanks, but as far as he should be ahead of Gotts and Bogusz normally, then we can assume he is not 100% fit yet.
Thought it's promising he traveled.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Latest update from LeedsLive about injuries and suspensions:-

Luke Ayling

There's still no further updates on when the right-back will return but the Whites remain hopeful that one of their defensive cornerstones is not set for a long-term lay-off.

Ayling missed all of United's pre-season and having undergone ankle surgery, he remains on the road to recovery.

Stuart Dallas has impressed at right-back in the 27-year-old's absence though, which means that he may face a battle to reclaim his spot when he returns to full fitness.

Tyler Roberts

There's still no sign of a return yet for the Wales international, who missed out on his side's European Championship qualifiers after he needed to have fluid drained from his knee in May.

He featured in no pre-season games for the Whites, leaving the severity of his lay-off somewhat up in the air. It is not believed to be a long-term problem, however.

One of a handful of players who arguably saw their role at United revolutionised by Bielsa, Roberts would be a welcome presence amid the playing squad once he returns to full fitness.

Jamie Shackleton

The 19-year-old was in the travelling party for the season opener at Ashton Gate, even if he didn't make the final 18-man squad.

But his involvement in training at the end of last week confirms that he has overcome the thigh problem he picked up in pre-season.

Gaetano Berardi

Having missed out on Sunday's opener against the Robins thanks to a red card he picked up in the play-offs last season, the Swiss defender is once again available for selection.

Will he feature in the starting line-up against Forest though? Ben White's impressive debut alongside Liam Cooper at the back has arguably seen the Brighton loanee mark his name on that spot, meaning that Berardi may have to wait for a first appearance of the season, of come from off the bench.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

Is there an updated list anywhere?
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Cooper, Douglas and Alioski are doubts, but we cannot rule them out.

Ayling and Roberts are out long term.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

As someone who played when injured with anything except a broken leg, I have no sympathy with this thread. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

johnh wrote:As someone who played when injured with anything except a broken leg, I have no sympathy with this thread. :lol:
Another reason why many on here admire you Johnh. You played at a time when players were real men and you had to be tough to play. Would i be right in saying that if you saw any of the soft players today you would have honed all your focus on them during your time? I know i would have.... Then again i can be and have been a bit of a sadist and when i seen weakness in the opposition i took no sympathy on them and made sure they had a fair bit of misery during the game.

Modern footballers are suppressed competitive players, they have competitiveness but its suppressed due to the over the top rules of the referees and the rule makers. Oh how i wish for a change in the rules where a good tackle could be done again. It brought out the passion more in the fans and made opposition fear you even before the game started.