Leeds United Australian connections

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Leeds United Australian connections

Post by isrodger »

On the subject of connections... I heard from a very good source that the club was almost sold to an Aussie group last year, however Radz kept on upping the price.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

isrodger wrote:On the subject of connections... I heard from a very good source that the club was almost sold to an Aussie group last year, however Radz kept on upping the price.
I'd heard similar but with no names mentioned to me - that AR has said he is willing to sell but then changed his mind when 'cornered' on asking price. I suspect, just IMO, that he wants to sell as & when LUFC is a success story so he can put it on his CV. I'm easy with whatever he decides TBH but I do wish we had more transparency and less idiocy with stuff like the badge and 'tours'.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
isrodger wrote:On the subject of connections... I heard from a very good source that the club was almost sold to an Aussie group last year, however Radz kept on upping the price.
I'd heard similar but with no names mentioned to me - that AR has said he is willing to sell but then changed his mind when 'cornered' on asking price. I suspect, just IMO, that he wants to sell as & when LUFC is a success story so he can put it on his CV. I'm easy with whatever he decides TBH but I do wish we had more transparency and less idiocy with stuff like the badge and 'tours'.
I was shocked by the Aussie link as I always thought the Qataris were tee’d him up from day 1. I understand the Aussie tour may have been linked to the ‘sale’. The feedback I’ve had is he’s a ‘greedy bugger’ along with the possibility he may have agreed to sell again this summer only to backtrack.