The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We have a large buddleia plant in the garden which is attracting several species of butterflies, can’t name any of them so am popping out later to buy a book on identifying butterfly’s. Watch this space ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We have a large buddleia plant in the garden which is attracting several species of butterflies, can’t name any of them so am popping out later to buy a book on identifying butterfly’s. Watch this space ;)
We’ve had an invasion this year on our Buddleia, tons of them all over it.

As a matter of interest, have you got any of these Phil.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49210010
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

So far we’ve had a Peacock & a small Cabbage White. Still a couple to identify.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Add Orange Tip to the list :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Had a sore foot a few weeks now, went to Docs as it got quite swollen. Gave me anti-biotics as it had got infected and thought it maybe an insect bite.

Anyway it cleared the infection but still have a sore point on the outside of the foot so went back yesterday. Sent me for an x-ray to see if I've damaged my foot, just got back from the hospital now. Asked them when I would get the results and apparently it takes them 4 weeks to send them to my Docs. :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:Had a sore foot a few weeks now, went to Docs as it got quite swollen. Gave me anti-biotics as it had got infected and thought it maybe an insect bite.

Anyway it cleared the infection but still have a sore point on the outside of the foot so went back yesterday. Sent me for an x-ray to see if I've damaged my foot, just got back from the hospital now. Asked them when I would get the results and apparently it takes them 4 weeks to send them to my Docs. :crazy:
A few years ago I went for a colonoscopy. After about a month, I checked with my doctor about the results. He said he hadn't had them through. I phoned the hospital and they said they would look into it. About an hour later, the Consultant phoned me back with profuse apologies - they had forgotten to send them.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

johnh wrote:
Selby White wrote:Had a sore foot a few weeks now, went to Docs as it got quite swollen. Gave me anti-biotics as it had got infected and thought it maybe an insect bite.

A few years ago I went for a colonoscopy. After about a month, I checked with my doctor about the results. He said he hadn't had them through. I phoned the hospital and they said they would look into it. About an hour later, the Consultant phoned me back with profuse apologies - they had forgotten to send them.
i was waiting six months for my results of a stomach CT scan for any blockages or clots and after i asked the Dr about it he said he heard nothing back from the hospital and that it was a good thing.... I said why is that? and he told me if they had found something they would have been back onto you as soon as the results came back, But after what John said about them forgetting I deeply suspect they are doing a lot of cost cutting on sending patients the test results to save on postage costs etc.

I Frankly told my Dr that day It wasn't a good thing because the patient is suffering from needless stress and sleepless nights thinking about what they could find, if its all clear or not..... I added that he doesn't make much of it because any stresses or worries only serves his pockets when the patient actually does get unwell from worry and stress or fatigue from not finding out and that the hospital could be made liable for undue stress. He soon apologized for his curt and stupid answer in the first place.

That was five years ago and i still didn't hear back from them :D, I guess at this stage if there was something serious i would have popped my clogs by now. :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Early morning visitor

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Early morning visitor

Love hogs.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I’d imagine it’s the same hog that hibernated in our garden last winter. Anyway we’ve named him Derek :D