What you reading

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: What you reading

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:Never heard of either of the last two authors above.

I've just started Replay by Ken Grimwood :

At forty-three Jeff Winston is tired of his low-paid, unrewarding job, tired of the long silences at the breakfast table with his wife, saddened by the thought of no children to comfort his old age. But he hopes for better things, for happiness, maybe tomorrow ... But a sudden, fatal heart attack puts paid to that. Until Jeff wakes up in his eighteen-year-old body, all his memories of the next twenty-five years intact. If he applies those memories, he can be rich in this new chance at life and can become one of the most powerful men in America. Until he dies at forty-three and wakes up in his eighteen-year-old body again ...
Not a very long book that Rigger. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I’ve just ordered 100 Years of Leeds United by Daniel Chapman. The reviews are excellent for it.

100 Years of Leeds United tells the story of a one-club city and its unique relationship with its football team.

Since its foundation in 1919, Leeds United Football Club has seen more ups and downs than most, rising to global fame through an inimitable and uncompromising style in the 70s, clinching the last Division One title prior to the Premier League's inauguration in 1992, before a spectacular fall from grace at the start of the 21st century.

United remains one of the best supported - and most divisive - clubs in football, with supporters' clubs dotted across the globe.

In 100 Years of Leeds United, Chapman delves deep into the archives to discover the lesser-known episodes, providing fresh context to the folkloric tales that have shaped the club we know today, painting the definitive picture of the West Yorkshire giants.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The above book arrived about an hour ago. It’s one of those must have books for any Leeds fan.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The above book arrived about an hour ago. It’s one of those must have books for any Leeds fan.
Phil, two questions, bear with me!

1 Is there an index in the book?

2 Can you confirm whether or not Dan C has mentioned the story of Don Revie getting ballet instructors in in the 60s to advise players on better balance etc?

The questions are not meant to be as weird as they sound, honestly :thumbup: :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Another Northern Soul wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:The above book arrived about an hour ago. It’s one of those must have books for any Leeds fan.

2 Can you confirm whether or not Dan C has mentioned the story of Don Revie getting ballet instructors in in the 60s to advise players on better balance etc?

No index, question 2 you’ll have to bear with me as I’m only on 1877 :lol:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:

No index, question 2 you’ll have to bear with me as I’m only on 1877 :lol:
:D
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Trying a new authoress in Catherine McKenzie. I’ll Never Tell which sees five siblings forced to confront a tragedy they thought was buried years ago. Only read a few chapters but as the saying goes so far, so good.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Trying a new authoress in Catherine McKenzie. I’ll Never Tell which sees five siblings forced to confront a tragedy they thought was buried years ago. Only read a few chapters but as the saying goes so far, so good.
Sounds like a Harlan Coben to me :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just bought Birthdays for the Dead by Stuart MacBride.