The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The problem with England is they are not playing enough red ball cricket, out of form Bairstow I can’t remember the last time he played a competitive game. Root played for Yorkshire at Trent Bridge & the Ageas Bowl whereas JB was chasing the ‘ Golden Rupee ‘ in Hyderabad. If he’s dropped then the sensible thing to do would to let him play for Yorkshire at Scarborough but no if they drop him the ECB will cover him with cotton wool & make him ‘rest ‘ my god Freddy Trueman must be turning in his grave.
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Well that was a spineless batting performance if i've ever seen one, this could be a one sided series if England persist with players who are clearly not good enough or have stomach for a fight, not one of them put a price on their wicket.

Before the series started there was not much said about the series but the news readers this morning were gloating to the extreme and to be honest who could blame them. what's more important the world cup or an ashes series against the old foe, i know which counts for more for me!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Browsing through Twitter yesterday there was a tweet from Eoin Morgan showing an auction for The Ruth Strauss Fund with lots of high end items on it. Morgan’s shirt he was wearing in the final was the star item signed by the entire team, currently bids are at £20000 :wtf: anyway there was a limited edition ( 100) photo of the moment England won which Morgan has/will sign for a more modest £150. I bought one & within 20 minutes all had been sold. I’ll post a photo when I receive it :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Jason Roy once again showing he’s not a Test player.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Good job we had an 8 run lead from the first innings.
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Thought we left the declaration a tad late.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Highlight of my day yesterday I was introduced to Kim Hughes.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

YCC Legend Darren Lehmann to be joint coach for Leeds based team in the 100 next year. Danielle Hazell is the other coach.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Archer by name Archer by trade. The only way to stop the one man batting machine that is Steve Smith. Credit where credits due.