Take Us Home: Leeds United

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Take Us Home: Leeds United

Post by Aaron »

Released now on Amazon Prime. Thought it'd be good to get a thread going to discuss it as I imagine there's going to be a lot of stuff we've not seen or heard of before.
English football’s famous ‘fallen giant’ Leeds United is at the start of a journey: to win promotion back to the Premier League. New owner Andrea Radrizzani has recruited a world-class head coach, Marcelo Bielsa, to lead the team back to the promised land. This will be one of the most dramatic seasons in the club’s history as fans, players and a city start to dream of a return to the top flight.
PM me for links to watch.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Take Us Home: Leeds United

Post by Barlow Boy »

Thanks mate, Episode 1 and I’ve got a lump in my throat already.

Fascinating watch, didn’t know Radrizzani was worth £450M :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Barlow Boy wrote: ... didn’t know Radrizzani was worth £450M
Why did you have to go and say that .. ?

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just watched the first episode, anyone who thinks Radrizzani has nowt look at his pad in Milan
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

While I wouldn't turn my nose up at £450m, it is not nearly enough for the owner of a Premiership club. Sad but true.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: ... didn’t know Radrizzani was worth £450M
Why did you have to go and say that .. ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Just finished episode 3, which, amongst other things, deals with the Dan James non transfer. If anyone thinks Orta doesn’t care, just watch that one.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

watched first episode, trying not to binge watch. Very good so far, though the 450M will probably get people moaning LOL
claptonwhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by claptonwhite »

Just binge watched the lot. Really enjoyed it all apart from the ending!! One bit where Radrizzani, Orta and Kinnear all singing MOT shows the passion they have for the club (even if they don't have mega millions to buy us all the stars we want!). I much prefer the way the club is run now than under all other owners of the last 15 years. Agree with BB re the James transfer. We saw the best football Leeds have played for 15 years and I still can't understand why we fell at the final hurdle. Can't decide whether we bottled it in the Wigan and Brentford games or whether we were just unlucky/cursed. Let's hope there's a second series and we do get to the promised land this time!!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

claptonwhite wrote:Just binge watched the lot. Really enjoyed it all apart from the ending!! One bit where Radrizzani, Orta and Kinnear all singing MOT shows the passion they have for the club (even if they don't have mega millions to buy us all the stars we want!). I much prefer the way the club is run now than under all other owners of the last 15 years. Agree with BB re the James transfer. We saw the best football Leeds have played for 15 years and I still can't understand why we fell at the final hurdle. Can't decide whether we bottled it in the Wigan and Brentford games or whether we were just unlucky/cursed. Let's hope there's a second series and we do get to the promised land this time!!
This :thumbup: