Midges

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Midges

Postby NottinghamWhite » 25 Aug 2019, 07:20

The little buggers have had a field day with me & the wife during the night. Anyone else ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Midges

Postby Davycc » 25 Aug 2019, 07:31

All good here. Bite free.
The Thrones Murders by Glen Gormley AKA Davycc available at [url]https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1686297025[/url]
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby NottinghamWhite » 25 Aug 2019, 07:57

Davycc wrote:All good here. Bite free.

Bites on my foot, arm, shoulder but worst of all my neck where I’m assuming it’s a fly has a lump the size of a thimble. What’s the point of these creatures ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby Selby White » 25 Aug 2019, 08:04

No issues recently but last summer went for a walk on a local nature reserve (Skipwith common) and got eaten alive by the little blighters.

Apparently was once told its people of a certain blood group they go for most, can't remember which one though.
Whether that's true or an old wives tale I'm not sure.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby Davycc » 25 Aug 2019, 08:14

Selby White wrote:No issues recently but last summer went for a walk on a local nature reserve (Skipwith common) and got eaten alive by the little blighters.

Apparently was once told its people of a certain blood group they go for most, can't remember which one though.
Whether that's true or an old wives tale I'm not sure.

NW Positive :thumbup:
The Thrones Murders by Glen Gormley AKA Davycc available at [url]https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1686297025[/url]
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby Another Northern Soul » 25 Aug 2019, 08:31

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:All good here. Bite free.

Bites on my foot, arm, shoulder but worst of all my neck where I’m assuming it’s a fly has a lump the size of a thimble. What’s the point of these creatures ?

Are they mosquito bites, mate? Are you treating them or at least 'soothing' them?

Vinegar is a good one to use if you haven't got any of the shop stuff that smells a bit like ammonia.

If it is mozzies then the lemon-smelling spray is good deterrent, or garlic, well anything pungent I believe.

I feel your pain, it's no laughing matter the little scumbags :evil:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby NottinghamWhite » 25 Aug 2019, 08:38

Another Northern Soul wrote:Are they mosquito bites, mate? Are you treating them or at least 'soothing' them?

Vinegar is a good one to use if you haven't got any of the shop stuff that smells a bit like ammonia.

If it is mozzies then the lemon-smelling spray is good deterrent, or garlic, well anything pungent I believe.

I feel your pain, it's no laughing matter the little scumbags :evil:

Definitely mozzies but the one on me neck is a fly bite ( has turned my normally handsome features into summart from a freak show :evil: ) I’m all for animals etc but what do mozzies bring to the pigging table ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby ChilwellWhite » 25 Aug 2019, 08:54

Couldn’t agree more what’s the point of mosquitos ? Worst place for them is Venice, eaten alive we were even with repellent on.
ChilwellWhite
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Postby Barlow Boy » 25 Aug 2019, 08:59

I used to get bitten all the time by midges, or similar creatures, especially when out with the dog.

Then a fella down the road bought me one of those insect repellent wristbands, and I’ve not had one bite since, only 90p for two from Superdrug too.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby johnh » 25 Aug 2019, 10:13

We don't get them in Berkshire. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Don Revie's bingo caller

Next

Return to General