2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
mintyshoe
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by mintyshoe »

You never know what’s going on behind the scenes, perhaps he’s having trouble adjusting and requested a move back home. The lad is only 20.

Maybe the club learned from JRGrot that keeping homesick players isn’t the best for their development. Or maybe the management decided he’s too experienced for U23 football and first team at a decent level would be better for him.

Who knows, but Jermaine Beckford would attest to loan spells not being the end of your club career
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Maybe we got Mujica when it likely Roofe would go and unsure who we would get. Imagine if we'd got Costa, sold Roofe and not got anyone else afterwards.

Also what's going to be better for him, U23 or first team football abroad? I suppose it's a question of are we loaning him out to develop him or to put him in the shop window?
leeds1970
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by leeds1970 »

Leeds are to immediately start talks with midfielder Kalvin Phillips over a new contract. The 23-year-old wants £40,000 a week to stay at Elland Road.
https://www.footballinsider247.com/leed ... ips-talks/
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

leeds1970 wrote:Leeds are to immediately start talks with midfielder Kalvin Phillips over a new contract. The 23-year-old wants £40,000 a week to stay at Elland Road.
Seems a no brainer? He is our most valuable asset pay him what he wants, but then i would say that its not my money. :D
Nic

Post by Nic »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
leeds1970 wrote:Leeds are to immediately start talks with midfielder Kalvin Phillips over a new contract. The 23-year-old wants £40,000 a week to stay at Elland Road.
Seems a no brainer? He is our most valuable asset pay him what he wants, but then i would say that its not my money. :D
His current contract ends 2021, so I suppose it depends how long the negotiations take. If we are promoted, £40K isn't an issue and getting him on a 5 year contract at that price will be a snip. The issue is if we don't go up then that would be an additional drain and we probably would need to sell, it then becomes how much we are offered verses how desperate we need to offload. Considering he's 22 months of his contract left, it is probably standard to negotiate at this time, and asking for parity is to be expected, really.

Bamford's contract is to 2022 and Casilla the following year, would they both be moved on in the summer if we don't go up.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nic wrote:
His current contract ends 2021, so I suppose it depends how long the negotiations take. If we are promoted, £40K isn't an issue and getting him on a 5 year contract at that price will be a snip. The issue is if we don't go up then that would be an additional drain and we probably would need to sell, it then becomes how much we are offered verses how desperate we need to offload. Considering he's 22 months of his contract left, it is probably standard to negotiate at this time, and asking for parity is to be expected, really.

Bamford's contract is to 2022 and Casilla the following year, would they both be moved on in the summer if we don't go up.
Think we should take the numbers rumoured on Football insider with a pinch of salt.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Selby White wrote:
Nic wrote:

Think we should take the numbers rumoured on Football insider with a pinch of salt.
Think we should take Football Insider with a pillar of salt TBH :lol:
Nic

Post by Nic »

I'm sure contract negotiations are going on with Kalvin's agent. True not sure about any figures, but you would think parity with top earners isn't far fetched though.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Nic wrote:

Think we should take Football Insider with a pillar of salt TBH :lol:

I agree with that a Lot.
I once played against Don Revie.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Ah! When it comes to football, money and common sense everything becomes like an oil and water mix .............. and reality goes out the window :|
Keep The Faith / WAL