Banner requests ??

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Banner requests ??

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Can i request a removal or at least a change of text.

The Costs banner just came up and I'm not sure who came up with it but it is terrible.

"He'll soon be worth Start Bucks its Costa" I get the reference to coffee don't worry I just think compared to some of the others with great quotes or actual funny play on words that is a bit cringe - I sometimes have a scum and wendies fan having a nosey when I'm on the forum so if they see that i'll be getting stick for weeks.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:Alan Smith
Rio Ferdinand

Tin hat time ... Harry Kewell
Surely not for Smith and Ferdinand who both went to the scum
Don't get this. If a player stood up and said, I want out of LUFC and especially want to go to Manchester United, yeah, I'd be a tad annoyed too. But Smith and Ferdinand were sold to try and stop the hemorrhaging Ridsdale caused. I have nothing against either of them.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

HalifaxWhite wrote:Can i request a removal or at least a change of text.

The Costs banner just came up and I'm not sure who came up with it but it is terrible.

"He'll soon be worth Start Bucks its Costa" I get the reference to coffee don't worry I just think compared to some of the others with great quotes or actual funny play on words that is a bit cringe - I sometimes have a scum and wendies fan having a nosey when I'm on the forum so if they see that i'll be getting stick for weeks.
I create them and come up with both the words and images.
What might you suggest instead ? :problem:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Davycc wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Rio Ferdinand

Don't get this. If a player stood up and said, I want out of LUFC and especially want to go to Manchester United, yeah, I'd be a tad annoyed too. But Smith and Ferdinand were sold to try and stop the hemorrhaging Ridsdale caused. I have nothing against either of them.
Each to their own but they're both controversial choices for banners on here and I'll argue all day about the merits or not of those two. I get/got the love for Smith but I do not believe all the positive stories about his departure, I heard too many conflicting reports about it months before the transfer actually happened.

If we're going to have controversy over banner choices then so be it but I'm against it, and that's with all due respect to others' opinions. :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Davycc wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Rio Ferdinand

Each to their own but they're both controversial choices for banners on here and I'll argue all day about the merits or not of those two. I get/got the love for Smith but I do not believe all the positive stories about his departure, I heard too many conflicting reports about it months before the transfer actually happened.

If we're going to have controversy over banner choices then so be it but I'm against it, and that's with all due respect to others' opinions. :thumbup:
I guess you have a point ANS, Banners are for those that we ALL want. Not the place for differences, enough of those in posts :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Davycc wrote: Not the place for differences, enough of those in posts
:lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:
:lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:
Davycc wrote: Not the place for differences, enough of those in posts

Rigger, you missed one.
I once played against Don Revie.
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

rigger wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:Can i request a removal or at least a change of text.

I create them and come up with both the words and images.
What might you suggest instead ? :problem:
Ha well in terms of suggestions I am pretty poor with that creative stuff myself but the link to a coffee shop brand and it just doesn't quite sit right in a sentence. The initial comment wasn't supposed to come across so abrupt, no offence intended.

How about "Costa del Goals" or is that just as bad?
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Davycc wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Rio Ferdinand

As others said there were a lot more rumblings around the Smith transfer than it just being to balance the books, and of all teams...THEM! The problem for me is he was so Leeds it was unbelievable, to then go there...not for me. I would have less objection to Ferdinand as he was from West Ham anyway so no massive issue with who he went to. For me Smith committed the ultimate sin.

In the same way I cannot stand when we are linked with or end up taking a player from them. It is just not a path players should choose to walk in either direction.
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Just saw the Bamford banner, now that one I really like.

I was just talking to a mate the other day about how posh he is.

Lord Patrick :lol: