https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8508_n.jpg
We're on our way to....
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by SMorientes »

Another way to celebrate Yorkshire day, give this a listen:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/out- ... -1-5909782

One of my colleagues has been involved in co-ordinating the project and is hoping to get it going viral, tell thy friends abaht it! It's got a big feature on look north as well tonight apparently.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

When you spend hours in a car, you start reminiscing. Today on my holiday, we started discussing my imaginary friends - who promptly disappeared a year or two after leaving Leeds in November 1999. My imaginary friends were an orangey pink and black Tamarin monkey - the ones at Roundhay to be precise. Except these monkeys came home with me after my weekly visit with my dad (sometimes more than one visit per week - spending hours just watching them). I was just wondering, for those who live in Leeds, is Roundhay still around, and are the Tamarin monkeys still there :D? This is more out of curiosity then wanting to visit, by the way (don't worry if you don't know, based on the rumbles around the internet, Google is a nifty little search device).
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SMorientes

Post by SMorientes »

Tropical world is still going at roundhay yeah, I went last year and they still had some monkeys and stuff, can't remember them too distinctly though so don't know what types. Doubt they'd still be your childhood friend ones. My favourite thing there was the bats.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SMorientes wrote:Tropical world is still going at roundhay yeah, I went last year and they still had some monkeys and stuff, can't remember them too distinctly though so don't know what types. Doubt they'd still be your childhood friend ones. My favourite thing there was the bats.
Thank you.
I used to go at least twice a week - my dad only allowed it because it was, at first, free, and then later 50p for adults and free for children.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SMorientes

Post by SMorientes »

Prices are hiked way higher than that now, but fortunately for me, when I went I was unemployed so I had a 'Leeds Card Extra' which gets you incredible discounts all over and I think I got in for about a quid. Anyone who is out of work, get one, it lasts a year so you can still use it for a while even after you've found a job (I got a new one as soon as I found out I was soon to be employed so I could have a year of cheap things) they cost £2 in the first place if you go to the council office on Great George Street and you save more than that just by going for a swim (£4.50 down to £1.50).
A great initiative by the council, massively helped me out when I was struggling, being able to still use the gym and pool and stuff and not completely stagnate was important.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I've not been to Roundhay for years, it used to be really nice but its not one of my favourite areas.

Wrong side of the river, init ;)
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

They have meerkats at Tropical World, or at least they did have. I love the place, not been for yonks though, must admit.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I was listening to Radio Leeds on the way into work this morning, was a certain forum member down at Elland Road with that Liz Green ? :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Possibly. Depends who you mean :P