Not Voting
6%

Total votes: 17

Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

General Election 2019

Post by Barlow Boy »

Now confirmed for Thursday 12th December 2019, glad I’m a postal voter :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: General Election 2019

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Now confirmed for Thursday 12th December 2019, glad I’m a postal voter :D
We go to the polling station but its only at the end of the road and can call in walking into town.

Out of interest have added a Poll to see what members of our forum will be voting.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

None of your business :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Jesus wept :(
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Don’t do politics so wouldn’t know who to vote for.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Here we go again Brenda. Here’s my take on another General Election!

This will be the most unpredictable General Election in History. There will be good people who will lose their jobs in Parliament from all sides of the house simply because a majority would not accept a way forward in accepting the 2016 Referendum Result! So for me personally I will be voting for the party who I believe will deliver on the largest mandate in UK history. The

Conservatives:

From my perspective this will be the 4th time in 3 years that I will have placed my X in a box in the hope that a party in Parliament will deliver on what David Cameron promised in 2016….. Brexit. I will be voting Conservative for the first time in my life, Boris Johnsons renegotiated deal is a compromise that I am willing to sign up to. He did what he said he would and others said he couldn’t, he managed to get rid of the undemocratic backstop. I also feel the Conservatives are moving in the right direction with regards to the domestic agenda after having to make some tough decisions after the financial crash of 2008.

Libour:

It’s a simple one for me this. After saying they would honour the 2016 Referendum result in the 2017 General Election, it quickly became clear all the Labour party ever intended to do was frustrate the process. The only question I will be asking Labour activists when they come knocking on my door is this “are you a Remain or a Leave party” when they still can’t answer that question after 3 years, it’s at that point I will politely slam the door in their faces.

Illiberal Undemocrats:

The party who have always wanted to remind Leave voters that 16m good, honest hard working people voted to remain, but who are now vowing to completely overturn the largest democratic exercise in history by revoking article 50 and in doing that they will stick 2 fingers up to 17m honest hard working people without battering an eyelid. Their leader is on record as saying she would not accept the result of a 2nd Referendum if the people voted to Leave again. Charming! When God created man in his image, he must have been thinking in terms of spitting image when it comes to MP Chuka Umunna. That guy has more faces than Hannibal Lecter, he has changed parties 3 times in 3 years. He alone would stop me voting Lib Labs

Green Party:

If you believe the World is going to end in 20/30 years’ time due to Climate change, if you are prepared to swap your car for a bike, become a vegan & bath in cold water, then a vote for the Green party could be for you. Their only MP in Parliament as also stated on record she would not accept the result of another referendum if the public voted Leave again. What lovely Democrats.

The Independent Group for Change:

Accrington Stanley…….Exactly. The is a cross party group of people who threw their toys out of the pram when they realised that the respective parties were not following their instructions on Brexit. They left to lots of publicity and fanfare but forgot to take the public with them; they bombed during the EU elections and will be wiped out in the upcoming General Election.

The Brexit Party:
I have a lot of sympathy with the idea of Leaving the EU then negotiating a free trade deal with our money intact. Unfortunately a vote for the Brexit party will just result in more chaos and confusion. What has become clear in the last 3 years is there is no majority, and will never be a majority for Leaving the EU without an agreement in the HOC or in the public at large. There is no way the Brexit party will gain enough votes to govern, so a vote for the Brexit party will potentially stop the Conservatives gaining a majority. Compromise is not in Nigel Farage nature when it comes to the EU.

I believe in honouring the largest mandate in UK history and Leaving the EU. Just like Cameron Promised!
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rigger wrote:Jesus wept :(
He will be doing now, the idiots are going to ruin his birthday this year!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Before we have yet another poll on this website, I propose that we have a referendum to find out if we actually want more poll's.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

And there is me thinking its something we hear about every day that would be of interest to a few on here, obviously not.
Really don't see an issue with having a Poll as a debate starting point.

However I won't bother starting any in future.

Time for a break.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
rigger wrote:Jesus wept :(
He will be doing now, the idiots are going to ruin his birthday this year!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And i was assuming he was a candidate.