The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Been watching some episodes of the TV series 'Colditz' on youtube. Had forgotten just what a good series that was.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Taking Tracey to have LASIK laser surgery on her right eye tomorrow morning apparently she will have perfect near and far sight as your brain adjusts to use the strongest eye for what ever your doing. She is very short sighted. Anyone else have surgery on one eye only or indeed have laser eye surgery ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Been watching some episodes of the TV series 'Colditz' on youtube. Had forgotten just what a good series that was.
Got the DVD box set. Brilliant.
Secret Army was great too. Never liked Allo Allo till I sat through that series and then it all made sense...
There was a follow up too, about one of the high ranking nazi officers who'd escaped to Brazil. The daughter of one of his victims tracked him down and was there the same time as an English journalist following up a lead as to where he might be and the two met up and decided to work together. Brilliant, gripping and tense drama. If i could only remember the name... KESSLING maybe? Something like that. It was the nazi's surname anyway.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Been watching some episodes of the TV series 'Colditz' on youtube. Had forgotten just what a good series that was.
Probably the first adult themed show I ever got hooked on. Loved sitting watching it with my dad. Colditz and the factual World At War were the two we never missed.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We’ve just watched McKennas Gold loved it :) Peck, Sharif & Salvalas what’s not to like ;)
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Wigan White wrote:Engine management light has just come on on my car.

Any ideas what this could be for? I know nothing about cars.
Sometimes can be something quite minor, but that light is also used for major problems.
Hate paying the money, but I'd definitely get diagnostic check done.
If nothing major, it can be switched off by the same mechanic.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just back from the shops & decided we needed some cash to pay the window cleaner & the like. Decide to get £200 as there’s a few things happening soon where we’ll need cash. The notes came out of the ATM either upside down or back to front, does my head in :twisted: I stood there having to straighten them up before putting in my wallet.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just back from the shops & decided we needed some cash to pay the window cleaner & the like. Decide to get £200 as there’s a few things happening soon where we’ll need cash. The notes came out of the ATM either upside down or back to front, does my head in :twisted: I stood there having to straighten them up before putting in my wallet.
The new £10 notes are the worst. I have already handed over two instead of one on a couple of occasions. Fortunately, honest shopkeepers have handed one back.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Leeds fans everywhere.

Currently in Malta and went to Bugibba this morning and just happened to notice a large Leeds flag hanging from a 2nd floor balcony at the Qawri Palace Hotel.

Anyone on here?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Gobby Scum fan in hotel bar tonight really irritating type. Went on United this, United that. :roll:

So basically told him he was a arrogent git after pointing out there are plenty of teams called united, politely of course. He wasn't happy :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.