Investment

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Investment

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I suppose one of these days one of these rumours might be more than that. So from what I know the three parties are the Qataris, someone who already owns a club in Italy and a rich American who also happens to be a Leeds fan, though no one knows who he is.
They are three investors at different levels though, surely? Qataris have oodles of money, however if they were buying an english club, why not one already in the PL? Someone who already owns a club in Italy - been there done that before, and as AR has stipulated the amount of investment needed verses an Italian club surely the same would be for the Italian club owner. Finally a Leeds fan in the US, surely that would be to buy a stake in the club but probably not to invest further, a bit like when the reality of GFH involvement.

Not sure a lot will come of this TBH,I can really only see one of two scenarios - a minor stake sale to get funds for a January transfer window strengthening, but that might just be one player, or we permanently buy one of our loanees and get a new loanee. Alternatively its getting investment after we are promoted, which doesn't help with the push to get there and we are just part of the scramble than newly promoted clubs go through to prepare for the PL.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

This isn’t going away more speculation on Twitter, watch this space.

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/1191830 ... 79232?s=21
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

NottinghamWhite wrote:This isn’t going away more speculation on Twitter, watch this space.
The club has allegedly been valued at £60-80m, with QSI still interested (let's not get back into that debate from a previous thread), but Adam Pope quick to note that this may just be lazy journalism with no new substance, as you say NW.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Leonickroberts wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:This isn’t going away more speculation on Twitter, watch this space.
The club has allegedly been valued at £60-80m, with QSI still interested (let's not get back into that debate from a previous thread), but Adam Pope quick to note that this may just be lazy journalism with no new substance, as you say NW.
Radz is wanting significantly more than £80m for the club. The Elland Road alone which he bought for £20m is valued at £60m.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Nothing new and the interested if getting at a championship price is daft. Think about it, buy before Jan and invest in a couple of players to get us up yes, but the idea is selling once we have gone up at which time the price will be far higher.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Radrizanni was at last nights PSG game, coincidence ? More smoke...
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I keep thinking about this proposed take over & how it’ll affect us the fans. Let’s look at the top 5 as far as money is concerned Manchester City, Scum, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal. You only have to watch them on TV & see they are playing their games in stadiums with little or no atmosphere. It’s hard enough to get tickets these days but as a Premiership team, a wealthy one at that there will be an incredible demand for the few tickets that are available. It’s been said that upon promotion that ER will have a capacity of 50,000 will that still be enough or do the club relocate elsewhere in the city into a purpose built stadium ?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote: It’s been said that upon promotion that ER will have a capacity of 50,000 will that still be enough or do the club relocate elsewhere in the city into a purpose built stadium ?
The demand for tickets now is crazy (thankfully I’ve got my season ticket, so doesn’t affect me). Obviously, the demand in the Prem will be even higher, there is zero chance of tickets reaching general sale, even if the capacity is increased to 50,000, as they will offer ST holders a chance to purchase more if all the tickets don’t go to members (which is highly unlikely).

As for the ground, didn’t Kinnear say they will develop the West Stand to increase capacity ?.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.