Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Don't be thinking I'm bracketing all young people in this category, there are just a select few but because of social media and 'influencer' status their terrible messages spread like wild fire. I also has two younger sisters who see it all and it is really not good for anybody.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
rigger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote: Sounds like you have more problems with non-British women looking at that list of exes, mate . All the women I have truly loved have been British, and not one of them fits your stereotype British woman.
It's just the experiences I've had with British women that I've been involved with.
I've got plenty of women friends who are English that I can happily spend time with who don't fit the same description.

And what makes you think I've had problems with the foreign women, anyway ?

I'm 52 and never been married.
If you start at 16, that means I've had 36 years of dating .. I'm not exactly putting it about, am I ? :D
With respect, genuinely, I see a list of 12 women of varying nationalities - to me, 12 relationships IS quite a number mate :D
Tart :P

Funny how such a number would regard a woman to be a **** etc yet for a bloke it's deemed ok.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

All this seems quite simple to me. Describing someone as black is not racist or an insult unless it's followed or preceded by something derogotary or insulting, or it's being to used to discriminate in some way. It seems as though Kiko wasn't doing that. It is, however, apparently breaking a rule in football and so he shouldn't have done it, so if he gets punished he can't complain.

On the influencer thing, I also have a young impressionable daughter and the pressure and focus on young girls and women (and men to be honest) to look a certain way is immense, and I also find it a scary thought when I look to what she might be tempted to do to herself in the future because of it. In a fairly small workplace, four of the women I work with regularly have their lips filled and I find it baffling and a little bit worrying that they feel the need to alter themselves in that way.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Bit it's no different to peer pressure. It's exactly the same thing to me. They'll grow out of it as they get older. If it's make up and fashion, who cares. So long as it's no darker than that it's fine in my eyes...

Oh, and 12 isn't a high number of girlfriends across 36 years. That's only the foreign ones anyway. Double it and you're about there. I know several people way more promiscuous...
But it's like anything - you live one way and it's hard to see anything else. I don't think I could be married for twenty years. Not because I can't imagine loving someone that long but because people change...
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Congratulations John, I’ve just read your post.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Thanks Davy & Rigger.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote: The other end of the spectrum is that tomorrow, I celebrate my 60th (diamond) wedding anniversary.
Congratulations to you both Sir John :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote: The other end of the spectrum is that tomorrow, I celebrate my 60th (diamond) wedding anniversary.
johnh wrote:The guy said 'we don't get many requests for diamond wedding gifts'.
Football and life are similar in many ways. Look how long Gary Kelly played for us - go back far enough and there would be many examples of club loyalty or one-club players. A lot less examples now, especially in the UK. Messi is probably the most famous one club player playing. How often would we now see a player with the same club for over 10 years.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Nic wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:The guy said 'we don't get many requests for diamond wedding gifts'.
Football and life are similar in many ways. Look how long Gary Kelly played for us - go back far enough and there would be many examples of club loyalty or one-club players. A lot less examples now, especially in the UK. Messi is probably the most famous one club player playing. How often would we now see a player with the same club for over 10 years.
Eunan O’Kane will probably see out ten years with us! :/
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Otherworld wrote: Eunan O’Kane will probably see out ten years with us! :/
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: