The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Me and the Mrs enjoy staying at the Seabank hotel in Mellieha in Malta. They do put on some cracking spreads of food.

When anyone ever says to me that they support United, i say yeah cracking team aren't they Leeds. Its safe to say i get mixed reactions. :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Had a great 60th anniversary today. Got loads of cards including one from Her Maj (original signature too!). Also got a copy of the Times newspaper for the date we got married. Football results showed Leeds beating Arsenal 3 - 2. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

johnh wrote:Had a great 60th anniversary today. Got loads of cards including one from Her Maj (original signature too!). Also got a copy of the Times newspaper for the date we got married. Football results showed Leeds beating Arsenal 3 - 2. :thumbup:
Congratulations John! Lovely achievement and only right it’s well recognised and celebrated.

Along with Leeds, you certainly were a winner that day too :thumbup:!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

White Knight wrote:
johnh wrote:Had a great 60th anniversary today. Got loads of cards including one from Her Maj (original signature too!). Also got a copy of the Times newspaper for the date we got married. Football results showed Leeds beating Arsenal 3 - 2. :thumbup:
Congratulations John! Lovely achievement and only right it’s well recognised and celebrated.

Many thanks White Knight, one or two 0 - 0 draws along the way. :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:
White Knight wrote:

John did you get the telegram from the Queen :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

SW, as above, we got a special delivery card in Buckingham Palace monogrammed envelope. Lovely picture of the Queen on the front and very nice message inside.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Congrats John, glad you had a good day for your anniversary.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

johnh wrote:
White Knight wrote:

Well if they are the lows John it makes your 60 years together all the more remarkable!
Leeds on the other hand had numerous heartbreaking defeats,relegations, financial implosions........
The two of you are more like Real Madrid :D !!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Me and the Mrs enjoy staying at the Seabank hotel in Mellieha in Malta. They do put on some cracking spreads of food.
Know where you mean that's the one near the roundabout on the main road.
We stayed just past you at Ramala Bay right on the North coast when here last time. Bit isolated but we had a car.

Staying in Sliema this time in an apartment at the Preluna so room only. Nice hotel though and does all the board options.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Me and the Mrs enjoy staying at the Seabank hotel in Mellieha in Malta. They do put on some cracking spreads of food.
Know where you mean that's the one near the roundabout on the main road.
We stayed just past you at Ramala Bay right on the North coast when here last time. Bit isolated but we had a car.

Staying in Sliema this time in an apartment at the Preluna so room only. Nice hotel though and does all the board options.
Walking along the seafront in Sliema earlier today and a Maltease chap nearly took me out on his push bike. Forgave him though as he was wearing a Leeds shirt :D

Leeds fans really are everywhere. :thumbup: