Investment

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: Investment

Postby Selby White » 29 Nov 2019, 19:27

isrodger wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
isrodger wrote:I’ve made no secret of my hope that QSI acquire us. ASAP from my perspective as regards planning for stadium development etc. My one caveat is the effect a deal might have (in January) on the morale within the squad. There being a fine balance between acquisitions that the squad a lift in Jan and those that destabilise the team ethos a la DERBY a few seasons ago (twice).

Regardless knowing our luck we will be acquired by QSI 11/12 Corbyn will get in on the 12th ...increase the higher rate of income tax to 90% and all the world class players we were going to acquire will no longer be interested in plying their trade in the UK! :|


Would you prefer that Johnson got in on the 12th and overpaid footballers all got a massive tax break?


Agree with the sentiment about footballers being overpaid however i would imagine the average player pays well in excess of £1m per annum in tax. To my knowledge no party has pledged to reduce the highest rate of tax although when that does happen tax revenue invariably increase (laffater curve?)


Assume you mean the Laffer curve which is a form of prediction the accuracy of which is very much disputed among economists.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 13096
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: Investment

Postby johnh » 29 Nov 2019, 20:05

I always thought the 'Laffer curve' was named after Jan Laffer who could bend his free kicks into the top corner.
I once played against Don Revie.
User avatar
johnh
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 7831
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 15:26

Re: Investment

Postby Selby White » 29 Nov 2019, 21:04

johnh wrote:I always thought the 'Laffer curve' was named after Jan Laffer who could bend his free kicks into the top corner.


No John you are thinking of J Affer that the seedless orange was named after. :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 13096
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: Investment

Postby isrodger » 29 Nov 2019, 21:24

Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
isrodger wrote:I’ve made no secret of my hope that QSI acquire us. ASAP from my perspective as regards planning for stadium development etc. My one caveat is the effect a deal might have (in January) on the morale within the squad. There being a fine balance between acquisitions that the squad a lift in Jan and those that destabilise the team ethos a la DERBY a few seasons ago (twice).

Regardless knowing our luck we will be acquired by QSI 11/12 Corbyn will get in on the 12th ...increase the higher rate of income tax to 90% and all the world class players we were going to acquire will no longer be interested in plying their trade in the UK! :|


Would you prefer that Johnson got in on the 12th and overpaid footballers all got a massive tax break?


Agree with the sentiment about footballers being overpaid however i would imagine the average player pays well in excess of £1m per annum in tax. To my knowledge no party has pledged to reduce the highest rate of tax although when that does happen tax revenue invariably increase (laffater curve?)


Assume you mean the Laffer curve which is a form of prediction the accuracy of which is very much disputed among economists.


Your absolutely right ... the most common demonstration of which is the Reagan years in the states ... although there are many examples in the Asia.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 4177
Joined: 25 May 2009, 09:57

Re: Investment

Postby NottinghamWhite » 02 Dec 2019, 14:07

The QSI financial guy was again at Saturdays game.
User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 27384
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

Re: Investment

Postby NottinghamWhite » 10 Dec 2019, 12:59

Huddersfield’s fans thoughts on a takeover

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/threa ... ad?page=29
User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 27384
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

Re: Investment

Postby isrodger » 10 Dec 2019, 17:16

NottinghamWhite wrote:Huddersfield’s fans thoughts on a takeover

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/threa ... ad?page=29


Was in the directors box on Saturday.... Spoke with Eddie & Orta (re Cooper & Casey) ... No mysterious Arabs etc however no Radrizzani either. There are reports deal is all but done, even suggestions Eleven Sports is being reversed into Bein Sports with Radz taking up a senior executive role.

Whilst I would love the deal to go through, maybe we could do without the distraction until May 2nd.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 4177
Joined: 25 May 2009, 09:57

Re: Investment

Postby Otherworld » 10 Dec 2019, 17:40

isrodger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Huddersfield’s fans thoughts on a takeover

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/threa ... ad?page=29


Was in the directors box on Saturday.... Spoke with Eddie & Orta (re Cooper & Casey) ... No mysterious Arabs etc however no Radrizzani either. There are reports deal is all but done, even suggestions Eleven Sports is being reversed into Bein Sports with Radz taking up a senior executive role.

Whilst I would love the deal to go through, maybe we could do without the distraction until May 2nd.


Maybe, but if it provides the funds to get a Dan James-type signing over the line in January, it could be worthwhile...
User avatar
Otherworld
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor
 
Posts: 871
Joined: 25 Jul 2012, 21:59

Re: Investment

Postby johnh » 14 Dec 2019, 10:54

Everton website says PSG about to bid 120m for Leeds United.
I once played against Don Revie.
User avatar
johnh
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 7831
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 15:26

Re: Investment

Postby NottinghamWhite » 30 Dec 2019, 15:01

User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 27384
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

PreviousNext

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

cron