Christmas presents

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Christmas presents

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I’ll be getting the same Christmas present as the last 4 years & that’s my Yorkshire membership which is a great present for me. Used to get fed up with bottles of aftershave ( still have an unopened bottle from 5 years ago ) . What do you normally get ? Do you say what you want or do you like a surprise ?
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Christmas presents

Post by johnh »

Usually get, thermal underwear. A nice thick jumper. Bottle of single malt. Several bottles of wine. Never say what I want but it is never a surprise. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

We stopped buying each other lots of presents a few years ago for that reason, getting the same old stuff. If theres something that we've seen and fancy come Christmas then we'll mention it but usually I get a couple of nice bottles of red that I haven't tried before. A card is a must, forget the card and Christmas would be the start of WW3.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

We don’t buy each other anything as we have everything we need, pretty much. As I said in the other thread I give the kids, husbands and grandchildren a cheque, that way they can buy whatever they like. I usually do a list of things I would like and post it up on the family WhatsApp group, must admit I’m struggling to think of anything this year.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

We just exchange £100 each and then i don't spend mine. :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’m nipping down to the club shop on Tuesday, and will leave Mrs B in there for an hour or so whilst she buys half the stock to give to me on Christmas Day. If you’re a size small, I’d get there before us as there will be very little left by the time she has finished :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:I’m nipping down to the club shop on Tuesday, and will leave Mrs B in there for an hour or so whilst she buys half the stock to give to me on Christmas Day. If you’re a size small, I’d get there before us as there will be very little left by the time she has finished :D
Don't forget the ST so you can get the 10% discount.

I'm sure you don't need reminding :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I’m nipping down to the club shop on Tuesday, and will leave Mrs B in there for an hour or so whilst she buys half the stock to give to me on Christmas Day. If you’re a size small, I’d get there before us as there will be very little left by the time she has finished :D
Don't forget the ST so you can get the 10% discount.

I'm sure you don't need reminding :D
It’s in Mrs B’s purse already :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mrs SW & myself have an agreement not to buy each other anything.

Bit pointless as we use a joint account to buy anything either of us need through the year.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

The in-laws usually give us money to buy what we want so I put it towards the Dream Scene print and Mrs BW is paying to have it framed. Took it to the framers in Halifax last week and he said it was the 3rd one he's done.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.