Christmas plans

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Christmas plans

Post by NottinghamWhite »

What’s everyone doing at Christmas ? Sue & I are going to a nice country house hotel for 4 days, looking forward to it as it tends to be the same guests every year so plenty of fun. What you doing ?
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Re: Christmas plans

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Not much : it'll be Jeanna and me and that's exactly how we want it.
My family is in Jo'burg and I couldn't get enough time off work to visit them anyway.

I think I'll be working up to and including Xmas eve and then will be back for the Friday too - the day after Boxing Day - before getting the weekend off so it's all a bit stop-start and that's pretty crap given I'm up so early in the morning (4am start-time).

Think she'll only have the two days off as well :(
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Family Christmas with the daughters and husbands and the grandchildren. Hopefully get home just after 6pm so we can escape the noise and toys everywhere. Boxing Day we will have an early morning walk and then cook a meal for ourselves such as a Dover Sole or Rack of Lamb. I’ve already finished my present shopping, it’s easy everyone gets a cheque for £50 buy what they want then.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Started a new job 3 weeks ago after taking 5 months out of the work force. My wife left her job, so will be off all Christmas for the first time in 22 years. She used to get just Christmas day & St Stephens Day (Boxing Day) off. My new employer shuts down the afternoon of Monday 23rd, back Jan 2nd, 9 days off.

We have 2 kids aged 9 & 6. Will have dinner at home and visit the relations from day to day.

We also do a family reunion/get-together each Stephens Day. About 30 people visit throughout the day. No sit down meal, just finger food and a few drinks, but all done and dusted by 7-8pm.
Sounds busy, but it's very relaxed, everyone feeds and waters themselves.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Go to my youngest daughter on Christmas Day. She only lives about 7/8 miles away. My second son is staying with us over Christmas and my eldest daughter will come down from London. Boxing day is going to be a 'day of rest' and the following day all the family are getting together at our place with eldest son and his family coming down from Nottingham.
Saw grandson yesterday. He's 6ft 7 inches tall and after a couple of years in the gym he's fifteen and a half stone. Call him 'Sir' now. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Going to be weird for us this year, as my daughter is now in Australia, so the full traditional family get together on Christmas Day night will be reduced in numbers :(. Probably just me, Mrs B, my Dad and my son.

We usually visit Mrs B’s family on Boxing Day, and still intend to, but I will obviously be disappearing for a few hours when I go to the game :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Last couple of years we've gone to the coast (nothing like a paddle in the North sea :shock: ) on Xmas day and was planning the same this year.

However Mrs SW's son yesterday invited us down to stay and spend Xmas with them. Apparently his better half's parents are also staying so should have a laugh with us all.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:Last couple of years we've gone to the coast (nothing like a paddle in the North sea :shock: ) on Xmas day and was planning the same this year.

However Mrs SW's son yesterday invited us down to stay and spend Xmas with them. Apparently his better half's parents are also staying so should have a laugh with us all.
Tight squeeze in the spare single bed. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:
Selby White wrote:Last couple of years we've gone to the coast (nothing like a paddle in the North sea :shock: ) on Xmas day and was planning the same this year.

Tight squeeze in the spare single bed. :lol:
Fortunately they have just moved to a new 4 bedroom house or it would have been, just hope they have bought some beds :shh:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

We will be at our daughters, staying there Xmas eve, the Grandkids think it is a Grandad/Grandma sleepover at theirs, 11 for dinner. On Boxing day we have booked a local carvery and will be joined by brother-in-laws family making a total of 12 of us, could be chaos. :thumbup: