Christmas plans

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Christmas plans

Post by Mr Russell »

Xmas lunch at my parents place then Xmas night at my place. Boxing day at my partner's parents place then plenty of catch ups in between with other family members. Never go anyway during the holidays.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Spent one Christmas in Colombia with Mrs MW's family a while back. In more of the European tradition they celebrate on the 24th with a special meal and fireworks later on. We went to the supermaket the next day!

So, as all of her family are a long way away and I have only eight other family members, none locally, it'll be just the two of us on the 25th, although I imagine we'll be having a glass or two with neighbours at some point. Christmas meal will likely comprise of things we like...prawn cocktail, leg of lamb....with a nod to tradition, Christmas pudding.

We might well hire a car for a couple of weeks as Mrs MW is off for the school holidays. The priority would be to see daughter dear with grandson Harvey in Chesterfield and then other friends/family around the country.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:Last couple of years we've gone to the coast (nothing like a paddle in the North sea :shock: ) on Xmas day and was planning the same this year.
Christmas morning we’re usually invited to join a couple from Rotherham ( as we get the train to Scarbados) to drive down to North Bay & stroll along the prom. It’s a lovely bracing experience amble along for about an hour just love to hear/see the sea.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:Last couple of years we've gone to the coast (nothing like a paddle in the North sea :shock: ) on Xmas day and was planning the same this year.

However Mrs SW's son yesterday invited us down to stay and spend Xmas with them. Apparently his better half's parents are also staying so should have a laugh with us all.
I read something about a winter swim in the Serpentine in London. For half a nano second I thought about joining them. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Christmas morning we’re usually invited to join a couple from Rotherham ( as we get the train to Scarbados) to drive down to North Bay & stroll along the prom. It’s a lovely bracing experience amble along for about an hour just love to hear/see the sea.
Last year it was Bridlington Xmas day and Scarboro on New Year's Day. Great Times to visit and as you say lovely walk along the Prom.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

We're having the in-laws round for dinner on Christmas day, then they return the favour on New Year's Day. As I'm not at work this year I'll be on dinner duty. Will be the last time I have a proper Christmas dinner at home until it comes round to fall on a Monday again.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Apparently Christmas starts tomorrow as in the morning I've been informed I'll be getting the tree and decorations down from the loft while Mrs SW does the cards.
Lunchtime we are jumping on the train to York to have a walk around the Xmas market then a nice meal (not sure where yet) before heading home.

Our local café is doing a "Festive Afternoon Tea" between now and the big day so we've booked ourselves in for next Tuesday, a bargain at £12.95 each.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Currently packing as we’re away tomorrow for four days.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

As said earlier on this thread we are going to Cathy's sons for Christmas, actually travelling down Christmas morning and coming home Friday.
He'll be cooking the big dinner and as he is a Chef by trade it should be good.

Going to the East coast for the day tomorrow, think it will be sunny Bridlington.