Home delivery

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Home delivery

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We are now doing the bulk of our shopping online & I must say am very happy with it. We’ve used both Sainsbury’s & Tesco’s both give excellent service. The joy of it is temptation is not there you order what you’d like. Anyone else doing this ?
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Home delivery

Post by Barlow Boy »

We always do online shopping, have been doing for years.

I can’t understand why people still go traipsing round supermarkets where it’s tricky to park, you can’t get round the aisles for folk stood gossiping and there’s always queues at the checkouts. It’s a little more time consuming now with the home deliveries as they don’t do carrier bags, but nevertheless it’s a much better experience.

A little tip NW, use multiple supermarkets and spread it around. You will find that after a while you’ll get e-mails from ones you haven’t used for a two or three weeks offering you discounts :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Never have but I know loads who do, especially families with kids - I can't blame them as it's a lot easier than dragging 'em round the store.

Plus I like using local shops when I can - there's a great greengrocer a mile from my place that we use a lot, especially as they have a good range of unusual fruit and veg. Also, there's a big Asian supermarket nearby that we use too, not to mention a proper butcher over the road.
I would rather go to these places than give Tesco my money, morally and economically.

I love Lidl and would shop at Aldi too if there was more than one store in Southampton, though, but neither offer online shopping yet and I'm not sure they ever will, given their business model.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

As I say we’re very happy with it & as Waitrose are closing their local store then M&S are going to be doing home delivery which is great. Our one big fear was that items would have a poor sell by date but we needn’t have worried as that isn’t the case. I’ll talk to her indoors Kev about using different providers sounds good. Also the daughter gave us a tip in that if you want a delivery on Sunday say start a order & book a delivery time days in advance as weekends tend to be very busy.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Never thought about it but I must admit I personally don’t find any enjoyment in shopping these days. The other day I was browsing the shelf when a big fella totally engrossed on his mobile rammed me with his trolley, still have a bruise. Something I’ll definitely look into.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

We do our shopping online to be home delivered and if someone orders pizza the same but that's all we use it for.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Don't use it for the weekly shop but it's something we are considering as a one off to take advantage of some of the introductory offers.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Selby White wrote:Don't use it for the weekly shop but it's something we are considering as a one off to take advantage of some of the introductory offers.

With our first order from Tesco we received a 10p off per litre on petrol gave it to the son in law who has a chauffeur company saved him £7:50 at the pumps. We had a delivery yesterday & we looked at each other & Sue said how easy it was as the guy brought the stuff straight into the kitchen. The eldest said she can’t believe how excited I am over a home delivery :lol:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Never thought about it but I must admit I personally don’t find any enjoyment in shopping these days. The other day I was browsing the shelf when a big fella totally engrossed on his mobile rammed me with his trolley, still have a bruise. Something I’ll definitely look into.
Once you get used to it, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been doing it for years mate.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Have been getting home deliveries for some time. Her indoors does it all. Usually Tesco's and their delivery people are brilliant. Never order fresh fruit or veg as sometimes you get what wouldn't select at the store. We are lucky to have a mini supermarket not far away where we can 'top up'.
I once played against Don Revie.