Junk email

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Junk email

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The amount of junk email I’m getting at the moment is incredible. Spoke to the son in law yesterday & he said the amount he’s receiving as well is crazy. I’m not opening any of them just deleting them straight away but it doesn’t stop ‘em. From Easy Jet to Russian Brides they just keep coming.
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Junk email

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The amount of junk email I’m getting at the moment is incredible. Spoke to the son in law yesterday & he said the amount he’s receiving as well is crazy. I’m not opening any of them just deleting them straight away but it doesn’t stop ‘em. From Easy Jet to Russian Brides they just keep coming.
I'm with BT Yahoo and they improved big time earlier this year, with Block actually working (it hardly used to before) plus my Spam folder works too. In fact I don't even notice the spam now unless checking for it. You should check with your server mate, think there are always ways to tighten the security etc.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Oh and if you get video ads etc on your email browser then you need something like Adblock installing. You probably already do.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Watchdog or some similar programme did a test a few years ago, they set up an email account and sent one email (I believe it was to a company but I'm not sure) They then shut the pc down and left it for several months. When they checked the email account there were hundreds of junk emails. That must be at least five years ago so imagine doing that now.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I've been using Yahoo for about 25 years now - same email address - and I find that it's rare these days, but funnily enough I did get a few ad emails for Black Friday. They were all from firms that I'd used in the past but wasn't on a mailing list for so I deleted most of them and spam-trashed the odd one or two I know I'll never use again.

Just make sure you spam it rather than just binning it.

Likewise for pop-ups as ANS says : I use two Chrome extensions - U Block Origin and Ghostery.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

This Nigerian guy has promised me several million pounds.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I’ve sorted it now virtually spam free. Amazingly the bulk was coming from the same sender.
Winner of the Europa League