VHS Tapes

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

VHS Tapes

Post by Davycc »

Was up in the loft getting the Christmas tree and found these. Can't watch them as I haven't had a VHS player for ages lol

and

SIDE NOTE: Is it loft, attic, eves, top floor etc for you?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: VHS Tapes

Post by Selby White »

Was always attic but at some stage I've started calling it loft.

Bought a cheap VHS player a few years back as have lots of tapes including some cracking LUFC ones.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

I've been recording Leeds footage for years, I have a shed load of VHS tapes with old games, news reports, tons of stuff. Glad I kept my player I love watching old games. I bought a few matches from the souvenir shop back in the 80's, the commentary is a bit naff but they're great to have. I have a couple of rare ones too from away games. A Manchester City Boxing Day game when we won 2-1 and a Wolves away game, think it was the Full Members Cup, no commentary on that, haven't watched it for years.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Attic, and the 2nd pic above is in mine :thumbup:

Still have a perfectly working Video Recorder. It was top of the range in its day: super boost fast forward and rewind... Only issue was, it took about 5 seconds to slow down to a complete stop, which meant you went several minutes past what you were looking for :lol:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

My better half wanted to jettison our old VHS player this week, but I have a load of old Leeds videos (including my own edited version of our League winning season) which I need to show my kids now & again to prove we were a good side (& will be again!). She wasn't very appreciative.