Investment

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Investment

Post by Selby White »

isrodger wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
isrodger wrote:I’ve made no secret of my hope that QSI acquire us. ASAP from my perspective as regards planning for stadium development etc. My one caveat is the effect a deal might have (in January) on the morale within the squad. There being a fine balance between acquisitions that the squad a lift in Jan and those that destabilise the team ethos a la DERBY a few seasons ago (twice).

Regardless knowing our luck we will be acquired by QSI 11/12 Corbyn will get in on the 12th ...increase the higher rate of income tax to 90% and all the world class players we were going to acquire will no longer be interested in plying their trade in the UK! :|
Would you prefer that Johnson got in on the 12th and overpaid footballers all got a massive tax break?
Agree with the sentiment about footballers being overpaid however i would imagine the average player pays well in excess of £1m per annum in tax. To my knowledge no party has pledged to reduce the highest rate of tax although when that does happen tax revenue invariably increase (laffater curve?)
Assume you mean the Laffer curve which is a form of prediction the accuracy of which is very much disputed among economists.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I always thought the 'Laffer curve' was named after Jan Laffer who could bend his free kicks into the top corner.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:I always thought the 'Laffer curve' was named after Jan Laffer who could bend his free kicks into the top corner.
No John you are thinking of J Affer that the seedless orange was named after. :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
isrodger wrote:I’ve made no secret of my hope that QSI acquire us. ASAP from my perspective as regards planning for stadium development etc. My one caveat is the effect a deal might have (in January) on the morale within the squad. There being a fine balance between acquisitions that the squad a lift in Jan and those that destabilise the team ethos a la DERBY a few seasons ago (twice).

Regardless knowing our luck we will be acquired by QSI 11/12 Corbyn will get in on the 12th ...increase the higher rate of income tax to 90% and all the world class players we were going to acquire will no longer be interested in plying their trade in the UK! :|
Would you prefer that Johnson got in on the 12th and overpaid footballers all got a massive tax break?
Agree with the sentiment about footballers being overpaid however i would imagine the average player pays well in excess of £1m per annum in tax. To my knowledge no party has pledged to reduce the highest rate of tax although when that does happen tax revenue invariably increase (laffater curve?)
Assume you mean the Laffer curve which is a form of prediction the accuracy of which is very much disputed among economists.
Your absolutely right ... the most common demonstration of which is the Reagan years in the states ... although there are many examples in the Asia.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The QSI financial guy was again at Saturdays game.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Huddersfield’s fans thoughts on a takeover

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/threa ... ad?page=29
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Huddersfield’s fans thoughts on a takeover

Was in the directors box on Saturday.... Spoke with Eddie & Orta (re Cooper & Casey) ... No mysterious Arabs etc however no Radrizzani either. There are reports deal is all but done, even suggestions Eleven Sports is being reversed into Bein Sports with Radz taking up a senior executive role.

Whilst I would love the deal to go through, maybe we could do without the distraction until May 2nd.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

isrodger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Huddersfield’s fans thoughts on a takeover

Was in the directors box on Saturday.... Spoke with Eddie & Orta (re Cooper & Casey) ... No mysterious Arabs etc however no Radrizzani either. There are reports deal is all but done, even suggestions Eleven Sports is being reversed into Bein Sports with Radz taking up a senior executive role.

Whilst I would love the deal to go through, maybe we could do without the distraction until May 2nd.
Maybe, but if it provides the funds to get a Dan James-type signing over the line in January, it could be worthwhile...
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Everton website says PSG about to bid 120m for Leeds United.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin