Not sure yet
6%
Not Voting
6%

Total votes: 17

Deleted User 3289

Re: General Election 2019

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

[quote="Barlow Boy"]VHTM, you should seriously consider some sort of career in journalism, another fantastic post.

I’m in the same position as you in voting for the Conversatives for the first time. To be honest, I would have voted for them previously, but I don’t like our conservative MP on a personal level, he comes across as an arrogant prig. I’ve never met the fella, so that’s probably harsh, but just a hunch, and he also supports shooting, fox hunting and the like which I detest.

However, I voted leave, and they are the only party I can see that is fighting for that (other than the Brexit party of course), but in truth that would be a bit of a waste/protest vote as they will have no power in the HOC.

I doubt anyone will knock on our door, but again I agree, I would politely ask the Labour candidate a few questions then close the door. They have confused themselves with Brexit, I’m not sure even they know their own stance any longer.

I differ slightly on the ‘Illiberal Undemocrats’ :D. Yes, they have gone completely against the democratic vote, but at least they have pinned their colours to the mast and are standing by it. I suspect they will do well too with the remain voters, so a shrewd move by Swinson in my view. I’ve never seen anyone move their hands as much as she does when speaking though.

I’ll be interested to see how some of the independents get on, but I see some of the rats are deserting the ship already by standing down before the electorate gets justice at the polls.

EDITED by Rigger - language, Timothy ![/quote

:D Yeah i've noticed that they are dropping like flies. I have a form of dyslexia so a job in journalism would have been interesting, especially when i used to write backwards as a kid. Not much as changed when it comes to spelling, structuring a sentence, and understanding basic words and how to use them. :angel:

Whilst i agree the Illiberal Undemocrats have been clear about stopping Brexit from the start, its the way they are prepared to go about it that makes me giggle. Claiming the moral high ground for the Remain vote of 16million people and yet willing to ride roughshod over 17million people who actually won the referendum just to get their own way. And then they think Brexit will just disappear. :lol: I do agree that they will sweep up the hard Remainers tho.

Oh i nearly forgot. I think you could be a good Oman BB? During PM's questions today someone came out with:

Back Brexit
Back Britain
Back Boris

There's got to be something in that. ;) :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:And there is me thinking its something we hear about every day that would be of interest to a few on here, obviously not.
Really don't see an issue with having a Poll as a debate starting point.

However I won't bother starting any in future.

Time for a break.
Oi you can't take a break. You've too many competitions to run matey :thumbup:
No Probs enjoy doing them :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I voted Brexit party as I did in the referendum I believed in it then and still believe. As others have said politics is very emotive and that’s why I tend to steer well clear of them. This whole process has been nothing short of shambolic and I’ll never trust am MP again. Some of the dirty tactics they want to introduce like letting 16 year old votes is laughable. If there’s another referendum and the remainers win do we have a best of three ?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote: Oh i nearly forgot. I think you could be a good Oman BB? During PM's questions today someone came out with:

Back Brexit
Back Britain
Back Boris

There's got to be something in that. ;) :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Here we go again Brenda. Here’s my take on another General Election!

This will be the most unpredictable General Election in History. There will be good people who will lose their jobs in Parliament from all sides of the house simply because a majority would not accept a way forward in accepting the 2016 Referendum Result! So for me personally I will be voting for the party who I believe will deliver on the largest mandate in UK history. The

Conservatives:

From my perspective this will be the 4th time in 3 years that I will have placed my X in a box in the hope that a party in Parliament will deliver on what David Cameron promised in 2016….. Brexit. I will be voting Conservative for the first time in my life, Boris Johnsons renegotiated deal is a compromise that I am willing to sign up to. He did what he said he would and others said he couldn’t, he managed to get rid of the undemocratic backstop. I also feel the Conservatives are moving in the right direction with regards to the domestic agenda after having to make some tough decisions after the financial crash of 2008.

Libour:

It’s a simple one for me this. After saying they would honour the 2016 Referendum result in the 2017 General Election, it quickly became clear all the Labour party ever intended to do was frustrate the process. The only question I will be asking Labour activists when they come knocking on my door is this “are you a Remain or a Leave party” when they still can’t answer that question after 3 years, it’s at that point I will politely slam the door in their faces.

Illiberal Undemocrats:

The party who have always wanted to remind Leave voters that 16m good, honest hard working people voted to remain, but who are now vowing to completely overturn the largest democratic exercise in history by revoking article 50 and in doing that they will stick 2 fingers up to 17m honest hard working people without battering an eyelid. Their leader is on record as saying she would not accept the result of a 2nd Referendum if the people voted to Leave again. Charming! When God created man in his image, he must have been thinking in terms of spitting image when it comes to MP Chuka Umunna. That guy has more faces than Hannibal Lecter, he has changed parties 3 times in 3 years. He alone would stop me voting Lib Labs

Green Party:

If you believe the World is going to end in 20/30 years’ time due to Climate change, if you are prepared to swap your car for a bike, become a vegan & bath in cold water, then a vote for the Green party could be for you. Their only MP in Parliament as also stated on record she would not accept the result of another referendum if the public voted Leave again. What lovely Democrats.

The Independent Group for Change:

Accrington Stanley…….Exactly. The is a cross party group of people who threw their toys out of the pram when they realised that the respective parties were not following their instructions on Brexit. They left to lots of publicity and fanfare but forgot to take the public with them; they bombed during the EU elections and will be wiped out in the upcoming General Election.

The Brexit Party:
I have a lot of sympathy with the idea of Leaving the EU then negotiating a free trade deal with our money intact. Unfortunately a vote for the Brexit party will just result in more chaos and confusion. What has become clear in the last 3 years is there is no majority, and will never be a majority for Leaving the EU without an agreement in the HOC or in the public at large. There is no way the Brexit party will gain enough votes to govern, so a vote for the Brexit party will potentially stop the Conservatives gaining a majority. Compromise is not in Nigel Farage nature when it comes to the EU.

I believe in honouring the largest mandate in UK history and Leaving the EU. Just like Cameron Promised!
As others have said, whilst I don't agree with all of it, a very well structured and reasoned post.

Might I ask what flavour your incumbent MP is?

Here in Nottingham East we have been solidly Labour all the time I've lived here, although there was a squeeky bum moment in ? 2010 when the LD's ran them close. Most of the ward is considered 'inner city' so I'm guessing largely Remain voters and unilkely to vote Cons. This thinking is impacting my voting intention so, as a Remainer, I'll likely be voting LD with a view to getting Labour, whom I could never vote for, out.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 3289

Beware of the false Prophets.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/11/0 ... -election/

On all sides of the debate.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just watched Samuel L Jackson in Kingsman, The Secret Service don’t what ever you do accept Corbyn’s free WiFi it won’t end well trust me.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Has it got even more nasty

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... gning.html

Apparently the official line is it was caused by wind. I was playing TT in Donny last night and some players delayed getting to match because of this.
It was breezy but windy enough I don't think so.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

To keep it simple, anyone thinking of voting for this set of selfish , lying, right wing Tories needs shooting!
Deleted User 3289

whiteinfrance wrote:To keep it simple, anyone thinking of voting for this set of selfish , lying, right wing Tories needs shooting!
You mean opposed to the Lying, Selfish, Ultra left-wing Antisemitic party? I will take my chances thanks. This is a Brexit Election for me. And can anyone point to a shed of evidence about the Tories selling off the NHS? You talking about shooting people is about right for the Left these days, disagree with their moral stance on anything and they will send in the Schutzstaffel.