6%
Not Voting
6%

Total votes: 17

johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: General Election 2019

Post by johnh »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I had just put the phone down after leaving a heartfelt message to Caroline Flint's office (i hope she gets it) explaining that i believe people such as Kier Starmer and Emily Thornberry had effectively thrown Some Northern & Midlands Labour mp's under the bus after she has lost her seat, to suit their Remain cause, then i hear Lord Falconer on the BBC talking those two candidates up for the next Labour leadership Contest. Good luck with that.

Difficult to know where Labour move next, i don't think it is as straight forward as some people think about Northern & Midlands & Wales voters borrowing the Conservatives their vote. I think the progressive policies of the left in general are currently not striking a cord with most of the country. And that's without their complete wipe out in hardcore Nationalist Scotland.
Emily Thornberry, as leader of the Labour Party, would keep them out of power for a generation.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Relax people, you could have our continuing problem of the two biggest parties being total prats.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

mapperleywhite wrote:
rigger wrote:To me, I can't see why anyone would vote Tory.
Surely the answer to that is simple. Anyone of the 52% who voted leave as they (and the Brexit party) are the only ones definitely promising Brexit.
:shh:
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

For those of you in despair about the election result I'm afraid to say it's down to the self-indulgent hard lefties of north London. They failed to provide decent opposition in parliament during the debates and votes on Brexit, then ran an election campaign based on untenable economic programmes combined with fence-sitting on Brexit.

If you want a measure of their continued complacency Corbyn has not resigned - that's unfathomable given the scale of his defeat.

The result means the road is now clear for us to leave the EU (sadly in my view), and that will restore business confidence to make longer term plans to create jobs and, hopefully, improve productivity - the real bugbear in the UK's economy.

Equally once less government resource is devoted to Brexit it means they can focus on the issues that have languished for three years - food banks, north-south divide, ageing population, HS2/infrastructure, social care etc. In theory.

PS: last time I do any election predictions: the 23 year old labour candidate gained Nottingham East from the previous long-standing incumbent Chris Leslie who had a majority of over 19,000 in 2017
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

What was the percentage of people who voted in this election and the ones that didn't/couldn't be bothered?
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mr Russell wrote:What was the percentage of people who voted in this election and the ones that didn't/couldn't be bothered?
I think the turnout was around the 67% mark.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Mr Russell wrote:What was the percentage of people who voted in this election and the ones that didn't/couldn't be bothered?
67.26%
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Thanks guys! :thumbup:

So pretty much two-thirds of the country.

Do you think they will ever bring in compulsory voting to the UK?

Its here in Oz and if you don't vote you get a $55 fine.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Mr Russell wrote:Thanks guys! :thumbup:

If you're disabled/sick etc you vote on line/by post?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

Mr Russell wrote:Thanks guys! :thumbup:

So does that make the system better? (I have no idea - I am just asking)