SPOTY 2019

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: SPOTY 2019

Post by Barlow Boy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Wigan White wrote:A good friend of mine is up for the unsung hero award at tonight's SPOTY.

His name is Peter Hill.
Well, he didn't win it, but a least being on that stage gives him some recognition for all the great work he does.
Great honour to be recommended WW. To give up your time, encourage & coach people to try and realise their full potential is the best of human nature.

The Obituary bit at the end always get me.

Gary Lineker predicting the winner early in the show proved to be prophetic. :shifty: BB must have been rubbing is hands together.
You’re not kidding pal :D :D :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: SPOTY 2019

Post by Selby White »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Wigan White wrote:A good friend of mine is up for the unsung hero award at tonight's SPOTY.

His name is Peter Hill.
Well, he didn't win it, but a least being on that stage gives him some recognition for all the great work he does.
Great honour to be recommended WW. To give up your time, encourage & coach people to try and realise their full potential is the best of human nature.
Agree with that having been involved with coaching myself it always amazes me how much dedication some people have.
Anyone who gives their time up to help and develop others for little or no reward deserve a medal.
Well done to your mate WW, what a great acknowledgement to make the short list. :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.