6%

Total votes: 17

Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: General Election 2019

Post by Mr Russell »

mapperleywhite wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Thanks guys! :thumbup:

So pretty much two-thirds of the country.

Do you think they will ever bring in compulsory voting to the UK?

Its here in Oz and if you don't vote you get a $55 fine.
If you're disabled/sick etc you vote on line/by post?
Yes postal votes are allowed but you must apply to do that. If you are away you can vote early.

Most polling stations have disability access.

Visually impaired/blind can telephone their votes in.

If you don't vote you have to tell them why and if its not valid the the fine applies.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mrs SW made me laugh yesterday as we were leaving the polling Station.
She was approached and asked who she voted for.
Loved the look on their face when she replied (was joking) "don't have a clue I forgot my glasses"
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

mapperleywhite wrote:For those of you in despair about the election result I'm afraid to say it's down to the self-indulgent hard lefties of north London. They failed to provide decent opposition in parliament during the debates and votes on Brexit, then ran an election campaign based on untenable economic programmes combined with fence-sitting on Brexit.

If you want a measure of their continued complacency Corbyn has not resigned - that's unfathomable given the scale of his defeat.

The result means the road is now clear for us to leave the EU (sadly in my view), and that will restore business confidence to make longer term plans to create jobs and, hopefully, improve productivity - the real bugbear in the UK's economy.

Equally once less government resource is devoted to Brexit it means they can focus on the issues that have languished for three years - food banks, north-south divide, ageing population, HS2/infrastructure, social care etc. In theory.

PS: last time I do any election predictions: the 23 year old labour candidate gained Nottingham East from the previous long-standing incumbent Chris Leslie who had a majority of over 19,000 in 2017
A very well put and accurate summing up MW, this was an election The Labour Party should have won but completely failed.
Disappointed I`m not going to get free broadband though. :wtf:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:Mrs SW made me laugh yesterday as we were leaving the polling Station.
She was approached and asked who she voted for.
Loved the look on their face when she replied (was joking) "don't have a clue I forgot my glasses"
:lol: :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Is everybody looking forward to the no deal Brexit Boris is aiming towards?

He and his mates must be laughing all the way to the bank at how they can screw the country for 10 years and then get an increased majority from people wanting even worse. Unbelievable.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

whiteinfrance wrote:Is everybody looking forward to the no deal Brexit Boris is aiming towards?

He and his mates must be laughing all the way to the bank at how they can screw the country for 10 years and then get an increased majority from people wanting even worse. Unbelievable.
I am, if it's the only option to a 'half-in/half-out deal. We did, after all, vote LEAVE.
I once played against Don Revie.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

whiteinfrance wrote:Is everybody looking forward to the no deal Brexit Boris is aiming towards?

Let it go mate, you are going to make yourself ill.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

LAsouthcoast wrote:

Hope not, what is the quality of health care in France?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:

Hope not, what is the quality of health care in France?
Arguably the best in the world.