Post by NottinghamWhite »

I’ve no idea what the polices response time is to emails
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Knock knock ( Not a joke )

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I’ve no idea what the polices response time is to emails
I don't imagine it being anything like a priority TBH mate. This is all pretty horrendous treatment, I totally understand the suspicions that it's very suspicious. Did you make note of their names?

I would be on the phone to them mate, demanding answers, but it's difficult to think or act straight when sleep deprived AND stressed.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Another Northern Soul wrote:
I don't imagine it being anything like a priority TBH mate. This is all pretty horrendous treatment, I totally understand the suspicions that it's very suspicious. Did you make note of their names?

No didn’t make a note of their names but they knew I’ve a brother called Trevor which seemed too lucky a guess tbh. The emails just bounced back so I’ll call them later.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Apparently the email did get through as I’ve just had a reply.
Good morning
Following looking into the incident, I can confirm that there is nothing untoward, we we’re passed your details as the next of kin of a male involved in an accident in a different force area. We offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
Kind regards
Broxtowe South Beat Team
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Apparently the email did get through as I’ve just had a reply.
Good morning
Following looking into the incident, I can confirm that there is nothing untoward, we we’re passed your details as the next of kin of a male involved in an accident in a different force area. We offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
Kind regards
Broxtowe South Beat Team
That's not really good enough though is it, Phil? I'm not being over critical of them but there still seems to be something dodgy about it and their 'process'. Plus you are not the 'correct' next of kin here are you?
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Apparently the email did get through as I’ve just had a reply.
Good morning
Kind regards
Broxtowe South Beat Team
That's not really good enough though is it, Phil? I'm not being over critical of them but there still seems to be something dodgy about it and their 'process'. Plus you are not the 'correct' next of kin here are you?
Yes not really a great advert for policing. in my day yes we did call outs for immediate family deaths but only if no husband/spouse was available so yes they should have been going through your sister-in-law. However if the information passed from another force was incorrect then your local force can't really help that. Unless things have changed and I suspect they've got even tighter with GDPR etc it would be wrong to give you any further information if you are not connected to the incident. I know that sounds harsh but try to look at it from the other family that is.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

The bottom line is, he's not dead and you and yours have been put through the mill a bit, haven't you ?

I normally defend the police because they do a great job most of the time and I've got to know a lot of officers through work and socials - I used to DJ the Hampshire CID Christmas party every year - and yet this all seems so avoidable.

I'm not sure what you should do though .. maybe write a letter/email to the area chief constable, or whatever rank it is for the station in question.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

To be honest I’m knackered & just want put it to bed ( no pun intended) the local bobbies aren’t to blame on this occasion but it looks like the Northants police are at fault. Still nothing in the local papers regarding any incident. As Rigger says I too have a lot of time for the police but we’re all capable of making a mistake.