Forshaw on Radio

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Forshaw on Radio

Post by Davycc »

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Forshaw on Radio

Post by johnnysmiles »

Interesting that they have discussions on articles in the news (when pressed for an example, Forshaw said it might be about a particular player, but I kind of got the impression that it could be about anything)... it's almost as if Bielsa sees his management role as beyond football...

I was happy to have Bielsa, but, if I'm honest, at the time I was worried that he hadn't won anything, and suggested that Bruce or Allardyce might be better choices.... now, even if we don't go up, I'll be sad when the day comes when he leaves us....
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnnysmiles wrote:Interesting that they have discussions on articles in the news (when pressed for an example, Forshaw said it might be about a particular player, but I kind of got the impression that it could be about anything)... it's almost as if Bielsa sees his management role as beyond football...

I was happy to have Bielsa, but, if I'm honest, at the time I was worried that he hadn't won anything, and suggested that Bruce or Allardyce might be better choices.... now, even if we don't go up, I'll be sad when the day comes when he leaves us....
Know what you mean about not winning much but when you scratch below the surface virtually all the clubs he's managed are not regular winners in their respective leagues. He has improved all of them and loved wherever he's been.

I'm sure he would have won plenty if he had managed the likes of Real, Barca, Juventos, Bayern, PSG, Celtic, ajax, etc with their unlimited resources (compared to others in the same leagues). The so called great managers that only go to these Clubs building a CV would not be fit to lace MB's boots, a great man in many aspects.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Selby White wrote:
johnnysmiles wrote:Interesting that they have discussions on articles in the news (when pressed for an example, Forshaw said it might be about a particular player, but I kind of got the impression that it could be about anything)... it's almost as if Bielsa sees his management role as beyond football...

Know what you mean about not winning much but when you scratch below the surface virtually all the clubs he's managed are not regular winners in their respective leagues. He has improved all of them and loved wherever he's been.

I'm sure he would have won plenty if he had managed the likes of Real, Barca, Juventos, Bayern, PSG, Celtic, ajax, etc with their unlimited resources (compared to others in the same leagues). The so called great managers that only go to these Clubs building a CV would not be fit to lace MB's boots, a great man in many aspects.
I knew of bielsa prior to his appointment, how highly he was regarded, however shared concerns he would be a success. I do feel he would struggle going into a established club, for 2 reasons. 1. He’s not prepared to compromise in order to win. 2. His man management is questionable. The primary example of this is the departure of Pontus Jansson. Our best centre back of the decade, discarded for a combination of the 2 reasons. I love Bielsa and will rue his departure, but ultimately we need promotion and I couldn’t give a monkeys now as to how it’s achieved.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

isrodger wrote:
I knew of bielsa prior to his appointment, how highly he was regarded, however shared concerns he would be a success. I do feel he would struggle going into a established club, for 2 reasons. 1. He’s not prepared to compromise in order to win. 2. His man management is questionable. The primary example of this is the departure of Pontus Jansson. Our best centre back of the decade, discarded for a combination of the 2 reasons. I love Bielsa and will rue his departure, but ultimately we need promotion and I couldn’t give a monkeys now as to how it’s achieved.
His man management seen to be working ok to me. He's managed to improve nearly every man we had.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I knew of him too, never believed he would come to LUFC at the time but he did. The fact he came here saya volumes about the belief in his system albeit it frustrating at times. I do however believe this is our year. I dont believe he will stay on though. He wants to be remembered here and will leave after his contract is up. My opinion is we would be relegated with or without bielsa of we got promoted anyway unless there was a change of ownership as radz is not ready to splash the cash. Maybe he will sell to PSG owners maybe he wont who knows what 2020 holds for us, but, regardless i believe we will get promotion this year.

Happy new year all the way from tbe Philippines from an Irish expat who lpves Leeda United day in day out. 2020 is the year we all get to see more clearly.

MOT, CorkWhite.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Davycc wrote:
isrodger wrote:
His man management seen to be working ok to me. He's managed to improve nearly every man we had.
Of course your right, however I honestly don’t believe he could get buy in from players @ a club like Madrid or Man Utd. It’s his way or the highway, player power being what it is I could seeing being a similar scenario to Clough @ Leeds.