Pantomimes

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Pantomimes

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Went to the Alhambra in Bradford this evening with the wife to see Snow White starring Billy Pearce and Paul Chuckle with Faye Tozer from Steps. It was the first time I can remember going to the panto since I was at junior school, so probably around 1977. Have to admit it was an enjoyable couple of hours and was much better than I expected, even though it was my idea to get tickets.

Anyone one else been to a pantomime this Christmas, either as a regular thing or a one-off? The game against Birmingham doesn't count
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Pantomimes

Post by Selby White »

Not me haven't been since I was about 12, York Theatre Royal if memory serves me right.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Pantomimes

Post by johnh »

Not this Christmas but I remember going to a pantomime at the Garrick Theatre Southport when I was about 5 years old. Can't remember which panto it was but I remember the following exchange by two characters. 'What's for breakfast?' 'Sorry, there's no bread,' 'I'll have toast then'. I laughed so much my sides hurt, I had never heard anything so funny in my life. Glad to say, my humour is slightly more sophisticated now - some would say 'ever so slightly'. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.