Current Form

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Current Form

Post by Selby White »

Based purely on current form (last 5 games) I've done a projection on how the table would look after 45 games (one to play) if all maintain the same form :-

1. Leeds 83pts
2. Brentford 80pts
3. Millwall 77pts :shock:
4. Reading 76pts
5. West Brom 75pts
6. Preston 71pts
7. Fulham 70pts
8. Boro 70pts
9. Swansea 70pts
10. Huddersfield 68pts
11. Forest 68pts
12. Sheff Wed 67pts
13. Hull 64pts
14. Cardiff 61pts
15. Blackburn 60pts
16. Barnsley 57pts
17. Bristol City 50pts
18. Stoke 49pts
19. QPR 48pts
20. Charlton 47pts
21. Wigan 36pts
22. Derby 35pts :lol:
23. Birmingham 33pts
24. Luton 25pts

Forest, Reading, Charlton & Derby would still have a game in hand so only played 44.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Current Form

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Rooney playing League 1 football next year in my best Kevin Keegan voice “ I’d love it “
Winner of the Europa League
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Millwall and Reading in the top4 seems unlikely to me, but I can see Brentford doing a Sheffield United and making one of the current top two miss out on automatic promotion
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Leicester White wrote:Millwall and Reading in the top4 seems unlikely to me, but I can see Brentford doing a Sheffield United and making one of the current top two miss out on automatic promotion
It isn't a prediction, as it says its based on points accumulated over the last 5 games (current form) and shows what would happen if teams keep up that rate (just mathematics really)
In reality I don't think any of us would actually think it will finish like that, too many other factors than simple maths to consider.

Millwall have taken 10pts from their last 5 games so maintain that and they would pick up 40 to add to the 37 they currently have.
Reading have done better recently picking up 11 from their last 5 game (44 + 32 = 76).

We have got 51 points but only picked up 8 recently, equate that to the next 20 games and it equals 32 + 51 = 83

Hope that is clearer.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Depends on the fixtures for the 5 games for each club. Also, some clubs will have 3 away games in that 5, but as long as we come out top, I'm not bothered! :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Depends on the fixtures for the 5 games for each club. Also, some clubs will have 3 away games in that 5, but as long as we come out top, I'm not bothered! :lol:
That's correct John :thumbup:

Lots of things to consider, playing teams when they have key players out (could argue its a good time to play us), home & away as you say and some would argue lady luck.

However its meant as a guide to current form, we have nothing else factual other than games played to go on. That's of course until all have played all after 46 matches.

Will post similar as the season wears on, its all in fun.
The further down the road the more accurate it will become. Presently we've played just over half the season so around 54% of the theory is actual and the 46% fictional. Obviously the actual will become bigger while the fictional smaller increasing accuracy.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Rooney playing League 1 football next year in my best Kevin Keegan voice “ I’d love it “
Bad news following Derbys victory over Charlton last night using this formulae they will finish with 47pts and escape the drop :(
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Last 10 games.

Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Last 10 games.

Well a repeat of that over the next 10 games would be very useful.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Last 10 games.

I'm sick to the teeth of this league, but there's no doubt its exciting. Top team only winning 60% of matches. The PL could do with some of that.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay