2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by HalifaxWhite »

My own opinion is that the lad is clearly going to be a decent player. He's skillful, quick and once integrated into a PL team will do the business but that might take a bit of time yet. The Championship though is a bit rougher, not as skillful and more chaotic - i.e. its not as suited to his game as say tippy, tappy PL football. Horses for courses and all that.
This part is what I see and why I feel that although we sometimes struggle with scoring in the championship, this current system will yield many more goals in the premier league. Our system is very tippy tappy when at its best. The only issue is teams in the championship just kick you about to stop this as soon as you get near their box. The more technical prem teams won't do that. That was clearly evident in the Arsenal game, trying to play they way they do in the prem in the first half just didn't work. As soon as they started kicking us about in the second they got more of a foothold.
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Leicester White wrote:I think Billy would score a decent number of goals for us. I heard while he was at Leeds, he was dealing with a personal tragedy. I think he'd have a point to prove.
Agree with this.

A few posters have been quite negative about the prospect of Sharp. However he has shown he can score a boat load of goals from few chances last season, imagine how many he could score with the chances we create.

Also some have questioned his work rate, I thought last year for Sheff U he was a hard worker, not a poacher, he was pressing and doing the donkey work.

Would be great to bring on off the bench to try scrounge a goal, fox in the box who understands the championship is just what we need.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Leicester White wrote:I think Billy would score a decent number of goals for us. I heard while he was at Leeds, he was dealing with a personal tragedy. I think he'd have a point to prove.
Agree with this.

A few posters have been quite negative about the prospect of Sharp. However he has shown he can score a boat load of goals from few chances last season, imagine how many he could score with the chances we create.

Also some have questioned his work rate, I thought last year for Sheff U he was a hard worker, not a poacher, he was pressing and doing the donkey work.

Would be great to bring on off the bench to try scrounge a goal, fox in the box who understands the championship is just what we need.
I didn't want him to leave Leeds at all, the games I saw him in (which was practically all) he always grafted and often looked like the only threat in front of goal. I don't think he is the sort of player any of us would expect MB to want but I personally regard his attitude and his talent as pretty spot-on overall. If MB wants him and thinks he can fit in the team, from bench, go for it I say!
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

The interest in Poveda from Torino & Celtic might just work in our favour. City face the prospect of him moving there for free, so a free to Leeds with a decent sell on clause would be favourable. Reports indicate Bielsa has personally intervened in the pursuit of the lad. Ultimately money talks and the lad has shown in the past he’s prepared to move to where he thinks his best interests are served.

The situation with sharp & wilder is interesting ... both legends neither wanting to make a decision in many respects? Talk of him going to Derby & Celtic too. Sharps child died approx 4yrs before he was at Leeds.

As regards Nketiah- he should suit our style of play, (poor mans aguero?) however he doesn’t posses the defensive & physical attributes Bamford does. I also sometimes question wether bielsa view of the centre forward role, as an out and out finisher or more of a central focal point where others get played in from. He talks about efficiency in front of goal however never really pursued an out and out striker in the summer. Indeed the player he wanted and didn’t get; Kent is very much in the mould of what we already had at our disposal.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Agree with this.

I didn't want him to leave Leeds at all, the games I saw him in (which was practically all) he always grafted and often looked like the only threat in front of goal. I don't think he is the sort of player any of us would expect MB to want but I personally regard his attitude and his talent as pretty spot-on overall. If MB wants him and thinks he can fit in the team, from bench, go for it I say!
I was shocked he didn’t get more game time ... I believe Cellino took his bat and ball hone with him (given he was hockadays only input as regards transfers). I actually think antanucci could do a job for us. The pair of them are the type of greedy striker we need imho.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

isrodger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Agree with this.

I was shocked he didn’t get more game time ... I believe Cellino took his bat and ball hone with him (given he was hockadays only input as regards transfers). I actually think antanucci could do a job for us. The pair of them are the type of greedy striker we need imho.
]

Antenucci wouldn't fit at the club now, in any way, shape or form, and his attitude stank just like most of the Cellino players.
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

isrodger wrote: Sharps child died approx 4yrs before he was at Leeds.
I do hope you're not suggesting that as it was 4 years before he joined us then it didn't have an effect on him? That would stay with him forever and 4 years is not a long time at all in such a circumstance. My uncle lost his daughter 2 years ago now and it is like it happened yesterday for him. I can absolutely understand if that was still affecting him at that point. Without the right help it would continue to do so.

This could be just how I read it but your comment on the matter was very flippant about a very sensitive subject.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
isrodger wrote: Sharps child died approx 4yrs before he was at Leeds.
I do hope you're not suggesting that as it was 4 years before he joined us then it didn't have an effect on him? That would stay with him forever and 4 years is not a long time at all in such a circumstance. My uncle lost his daughter 2 years ago now and it is like it happened yesterday for him. I can absolutely understand if that was still affecting him at that point. Without the right help it would continue to do so.

This could be just how I read it but your comment on the matter was very flippant about a very sensitive subject.
I was responding to “ I heard while he was at Leeds, he was dealing with a personal tragedy. I think he'd have a point to prove. “ - which implies the tragedy occurred whilst he was at the club rather than a number of years prior.
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

Bowan rumoured now 3m and 15m at the end of the season
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Shadwell White wrote:Bowan rumoured now 3m and 15m at the end of the season
That could well be a dream come true

Not an out 'n' out striker - But attacking midfielder with a good nose for the goal

Would be interesting how we'd use him - Could be the Costa role and coming in - Suspect more the 'Siaz' Role

Hope this deal happens - But would still need an out 'n' out back up for Bamford

There was talk on Sky last night that Hull stated that they had been approached - Bring it on