2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by DominanceUK »

I'd take Sharp in a heartbeat, better finisher than Bamford and Adams put together, imo. Sharp and Bowen would be brilliant, the longer this goes on the more I'm feeling we'll get nobody.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

DominanceUK wrote:I'd take Sharp in a heartbeat, better finisher than Bamford and Adams put together, imo. Sharp and Bowen would be brilliant, the longer this goes on the more I'm feeling we'll get nobody.
I'm trying to make my mind up which is worse. Nobody or Anybody?
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

Selby White wrote:Sharp wouldn't be my choice he is 33 and don't think we should be signing players at the end of their career. Yes sometimes it works out (Strachan) but often it doesn't.
Wouldnt be my choice either. If i'm right he's only started 1game this season!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sharp smacks of desperation to me.
How long would he need to get back to full fitness ?
I would rather bring through Edmundson as back up to Roberts or maybe even try Alioski as a false 9 - he's got the movement, an eye for goal, a touch of the devil about him and it would also mean we could get him, Douglas, Costa and Harrison on the field at the same time.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Harry Kane is injured, out 'till April apparently - continue searching.
I once played against Don Revie.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

ilkley62 wrote:
Selby White wrote:Sharp wouldn't be my choice he is 33 and don't think we should be signing players at the end of their career. Yes sometimes it works out (Strachan) but often it doesn't.
Sharp would surely be a 4 month loan. It may be he is one of the few that is available, another one who’s not ideal but fits the bill might be the lad across the City, Rhodes; recruited by Orta in a previous life, although hardly a success post Blackburn. Personally I suspect we will recruit from abroad; maybe a youngster out of a top club a la Nketiah.
Palpatan
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Palpatan »

We used to do well nicking players from North of the border. How about...

Cosgrove, Aberdeen.
Edouard, Celtic.
Morelos, Rangers.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

isrodger wrote:
ilkley62 wrote:
Sharp would surely be a 4 month loan. It may be he is one of the few that is available, another one who’s not ideal but fits the bill might be the lad across the City, Rhodes; recruited by Orta in a previous life, although hardly a success post Blackburn. Personally I suspect we will recruit from abroad; maybe a youngster out of a top club a la Nketiah.
Even a 4 month loan I would be against, recruit with a view to the future is my preferred option, if impossible deal with it with the players we have (that have took us to 2nd in the league).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Shadwell White wrote:Bowan rumoured now 3m and 15m at the end of the season
I know its only speculation. So that would be £30m in IOU's at the end of the season. Its got to be a green light from QSI? No! :shifty:
Graham Smyth
@GrahamSmyth

Jarrod Bowen not a player Leeds United are presently pursuing, the YEP understands.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

Selby White wrote:Even a 4 month loan I would be against, recruit with a view to the future is my preferred option, if impossible deal with it with the players we have (that have took us to 2nd in the league).
I totally understand your view, but:

IF (and there is a big if) we`re going up to Premier League we will be able to buy a striker in the summer window that is on another level than the strikers availible for us now. Let`s say that the striker we bring in help us achieve promotions, the options are 1) sign Sharp on a loan deal until the end of season. Then we`re free to search for a better striker in the summer window as a Premier League club and can attract players at a whole different level, or 2) sign Dwight Gayle with an obligation to buy in the summer. Then we`re forced to spend a lot of money on a striker which possibly isn`t good enough for the Championship.

So my point is, if we can`t bring in a player that can contribute NOW and in the Premiership it`s better to look short term.