The departed

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: The departed

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

The legend that is Derek Acorah passes over to the other side.

He's right about Mary, i've met a few in my short existence.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Christopher Beeney has died.

R.I.P.

Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Neil Peart from the Canadian rock band Rush has died aged 67.

Probably the best drummer I've ever seen.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Terry Jones of Monty Python fame has died aged 77.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Wigan White wrote:Terry Jones of Monty Python fame has died aged 77.
That's terribly sad, I loved TJ... dementia I assume, horrible illness for the sufferer and their loved ones to see.

RIP
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

NBA Legend Kobe Bryant and his fellow passengers who died in the helicopter accident in the US today. Very sad, RIP to those involved.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Mr Russell wrote:NBA Legend Kobe Bryant and his fellow passengers who died in the helicopter accident in the US today. Very sad, RIP to those involved.
Whenever I hear of a helicopter crash like this - Stevie Ray Vaughan being the most poignant for me personally, as I am a fan of his music - I can't help question why the machine was used in the first place ?
It strikes me that as they're inherently unstable craft they should only ever be used by the military and in emergency cases where speed and access would otherwise be restricted.

As a status symbol they fail because the risk is much higher than with other forms of transport.

It's terribly sad news though, especially as I heard this morning that not only did his own daughter die but also the parents of another girl in the basketball team he was coaching. I'm not sure if their daughter was on board as well - I presume she was.

I just feel it could have been avoided ...
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sad news. I have never been in a helicopter, never will. If the one engine fails, they don't glide very well.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’ve had a couple of flying lessons in a helicopter, got some more later this year in a small plane.

It’s a strange feeling flying a helicopter, just feel so small and fragile somehow. Thankfully, I’ve never had any issues, one can only imagine the horror for those onboard that flight.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:I’ve had a couple of flying lessons in a helicopter, got some more later this year in a small plane.

It’s a strange feeling flying a helicopter, just feel so small and fragile somehow. Thankfully, I’ve never had any issues, one can only imagine the horror for those onboard that flight.
I take it you’re aiming for your PPL ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders