What’s your score ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: What’s your score ?

Post by LAsouthcoast »

1, Snails, never tried them but don't fancy doing so. Tried Oysters in France a couple of years ago and wouldn`t rush to have another.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

The thought of eating oysters and snails makes my stomach churn, have eaten peanut butter and Nutella but wouldn't have them again out of choice.
One thing I really hate that I didn't see on the list is cheesecake :sick:
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Zero, ive eaten balut, a filipino delicacy, with a duck embryo at 16 days old after that everything is a must. Tried eating grubs from the coconut tree. Big juicy white grubs too two weeks ago and they tasted bad but i didnt mind it. Everything on that list ive tried once or twice before. :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

BrighouseWhite wrote: One thing I really hate that I didn't see on the list is cheesecake :sick:
Take it you didn't have it for your pudding at the Beefeater last weekend :lol:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The most amazing fruit I’ve ever seen was in Borneo it was a durian fruit which our guide bought from a roadside stall. The moment he came back on the bus you could smell the fruit it was totally overpowering. Apparently it’s so bad it’s banned from all public transport & even taxis. After a while, at the next stop he cut the fruit up & offered it to the group, I passed but asked a lady who tried it what’s it like. She said it was a combination of savoury, sweet & cream. It’s supposed to taste like diced garlic & caramel.
The strange was we had just visited a farm that was letting you see ( for $10 each ) a rafflesia plant which was a very smelly plant. All in all a strange/smelly day :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

On my first football game, 5 days after arriving in Singapore, at half-time I had sweated so much (90 degree heat and 100% humidity) that I wrung my shirt out and the water hit the grass as though the shirt had just come out of the washing machine. We had brought a large billy can of water to which we added army lemonade powder. We raced to this, took the top off and found that the ants had got in. There was a layer of ants covering the whole surface, about and inch thick. There was only one tin mug. We all looked at each other and then one guy just grabbed the mug, filled it with lemonade and ants and drank the lot. The rest of us followed suit. Don't know what they tasted like as they went down too quick! :shock:

Re the durian fruit. Had these in Singapore and Malaya. The general view was that the smell was that of a rotting corpse.
I once played against Don Revie.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Selby White wrote:
BrighouseWhite wrote: One thing I really hate that I didn't see on the list is cheesecake :sick:
Take it you didn't have it for your pudding at the Beefeater last weekend :lol:
Not a chance, tis the devil's food
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

BrighouseWhite wrote: Not a chance, tis the devil's food
I feel the same way about broccoli ‘‘tis baby trees, the work of Satan imho.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The most amazing fruit I’ve ever seen was in Borneo it was a durian fruit which our guide bought from a roadside stall. The moment he came back on the bus you could smell the fruit it was totally overpowering. Apparently it’s so bad it’s banned from all public transport & even taxis. After a while, at the next stop he cut the fruit up & offered it to the group, I passed but asked a lady who tried it what’s it like. She said it was a combination of savoury, sweet & cream. It’s supposed to taste like diced garlic & caramel.
The strange was we had just visited a farm that was letting you see ( for $10 each ) a rafflesia plant which was a very smelly plant. All in all a strange/smelly day :roll:
Talk about coincidence the durian was a answer on the chase tonight.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
BrighouseWhite wrote: Not a chance, tis the devil's food
I feel the same way about broccoli ‘‘tis baby trees, the work of Satan imho.
Now i'm worried my 3yr old daughter loves broccoli :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: , personally hate the stuff myself and watch in amazement as she eats it like chocolate!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.