Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

Davycc wrote:
hashtagleedsunited wrote:https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... e-17741417

Other managers would not have stood by Casilla - why are you backing him?
Wait and see, I bet he has a cracking game Saturday, not that I want him to have to.
Wouldnt it be ironic if PB scores a brace, yet MOTM goes to KC due to his excellent work in keeping a clean sheet from Wells & Co. :roll:
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

hashtagleedsunited wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Wait and see, I bet he has a cracking game Saturday, not that I want him to have to.
Wouldnt it be ironic if PB scores a brace, yet MOTM goes to KC due to his excellent work in keeping a clean sheet from Wells & Co. :roll:
I’d take your hand off for it right now!!

Ode to be having a conversation about who was better, the keeper for his excellent clean sheet or the centre forward for his scoring performance, in a win against a promotion rival on Saturday!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

HalifaxWhite wrote: Pretty simple SW, we have a team and a style of play that creates 6 million chances per game so some are bound to go in.

I know we have disagreed in the past over this type of thing but the facts are there as much as you look at the positive angle.
We disagreed ?

No you didn't disagree you were abusive and disrespectful and that's why I tend to now ignore your posts and I'd rather debate with others whether agree or not with their opinion.
Yes you apologised when others pointed out your wording was aggressive but that was with added sarcasm calling me notorious.

But to answer you because you seem to believe shots on goal should all be classed as clears chances. I've said it before the statistics aren't the full story as you can't class a shot through a packed penalty area the same as a tap in from a couple of yards. Each chance should be judged on its own merit.
Clear chances are few and far between against a packed defence so possession doesn't always mean lots of easy chances.

Take a look at these figures :-
Possession 69% to 31%
Shots 16 to 4
On target 3 to 2
Corners 7 to 1
Result 0 - 1

Another :-
Possession 70% to 30%
Shots 20 to 11
On target 6 to 3
Corners 9 to 2
Result 1 - 2

What do those tell us ?

The side dominating don't always win in fact if you look through all Championship matches it happens often.

But one thing we can't do is point the finger at Bamford or Casilla for the above two matches.

Why ?

Because the top one is a West Brom match (versus Stoke) while the 2nd is Fulham versus Reading.
It happens to the best of us. :D

I'll say it again good chances are hard to come by when you have lots of possession and face a packed defence.

Yes we would all like better players in our team and i think Augustin will be a step up once fit but doesn't have the movement yet (believe Kalvin Phillips said similar in his interview after Brentford).

As for Kiko we are all worried by his recent slump but if you've read my earlier posts my concern with regards to Meslier is that he stays on his line and that may cost us more than Kikos 4 errors have done. I like Meslier and wouldn't see it as a problem if we had two big centre halfs that dominated in the air.
Nobody knows the answer but I trust the judgement of those that see a lot more of them and wont be joining any Bielsa Out campaigns just yet.

Its my opinion and others quite rightly are entitled to theirs, I won't be abusing them for it.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:

:thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:

It wouldn't be ironic - it would be a miracle. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Davycc wrote:Wait and see, I bet he has a cracking game Saturday, not that I want him to have to.
Why wouldn't you want to see him have a cracking game tomorrow? You don't want to see Leeds succeed?
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

lufctrav wrote:
Davycc wrote:Wait and see, I bet he has a cracking game Saturday, not that I want him to have to.
Why wouldn't you want to see him have a cracking game tomorrow? You don't want to see Leeds succeed?
I don't want him to have to have a cracking game. I'd prefer if he didn't have a save to make.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

lufctrav wrote:
Trav, I think you may have misinterpreted Davy's post. Emphasis is on have to. In other words, he'd probably need to see loads of action/shots on goal to have a cracking game, so we would prefer he had absolutely nothing to do :D :thumbup:

At least that's what I think Davy?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

kk_white wrote:
lufctrav wrote:
Trav, I think you may have misinterpreted Davy's post. Emphasis is on have to. In other words, he'd probably need to see loads of action/shots on goal to have a cracking game, so we would prefer he had absolutely nothing to do :D :thumbup:

Davycc wrote:I don't want him to have to have a cracking game. I'd prefer if he didn't have a save to make.
Oh you explained it already! I had the post written and forgot to send it when putting the little uns to bed :roll:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

kk_white wrote:
kk_white wrote:
lufctrav wrote:

Davycc wrote:I don't want him to have to have a cracking game. I'd prefer if he didn't have a save to make.
Oh you explained it already! I had the post written and forgot to send it when putting the little uns to bed :roll:
No bother kk :thumbup: Lufctrav, easy to mis-read if you read it fast :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders