The departed

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: The departed

Post by blackpool white »

seems my opinion has upset a few people, so first let me explain this remark.

This has actually got nothing to do with caroline flack, but more to do with the press 'hounding' celebrities.

If I were a top footballer or celebrity earning that sort of money i would accept the 'hounding'. In fact I would be worried if I were not hounded as it would indicate that I was losing my celebrity status.

These celebrities if they dont like press attention can easily step down as meghan merkel has indeed done.

The press only hound celebrities because the public they feed are forever hungry.

Caroline Flack was not killed by the press she died of a severe mental illness that the authorities failed to recognise.

I reiterate, the press can follow me to the toilet if they like, so long as i got my 1.2 million, its not jealousy, nor callousness, just the simple truth.

I am sorry it seems to have upset so many people, that was not my intention.

I have not broken any forum rules, yet I now expect the mods (against my will) will censure me and no doubt delete my comments
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

We see it all the time with the media. When you are on top of your game and filling the pages for the tabloids you are the media darling, but has soon as someone steps out of sync don't expect any favours. Even the almighty other Royal family member Prince Andrew is fair game. And imo so he should be.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

blackpool white wrote:seems my opinion has upset a few people, so first let me explain this remark.

This has actually got nothing to do with caroline flack, but more to do with the press 'hounding' celebrities.

If I were a top footballer or celebrity earning that sort of money i would accept the 'hounding'. In fact I would be worried if I were not hounded as it would indicate that I was losing my celebrity status.

These celebrities if they dont like press attention can easily step down as meghan merkel has indeed done.

The press only hound celebrities because the public they feed are forever hungry.

Caroline Flack was not killed by the press she died of a severe mental illness that the authorities failed to recognise.

I reiterate, the press can follow me to the toilet if they like, so long as i got my 1.2 million, its not jealousy, nor callousness, just the simple truth.

I have not broken any forum rules, yet I now expect the mods (against my will) will censure me and no doubt delete my comments

It's not about breaking rules or what the mods might do to you on here. You missed the point completely.

What you said seemed to me to belittle suicide.

Suicide is a desperate act.
The absolute rock bottom of the human state of being.

You made a glib remark about it, that's why people are angry with you.

If you don't think what you said is alarming in itself then I suggest you sit down and have a think about that because it should.
Think about doing it to yourself or how you'd feel if someone you loved did it without reaching out to you first.
What would be running through your mind ? Would you care ?
If the answer is yes, it should be obvious that no amount of money would compensate so you shouldn't have said what you did.

The money isn't the issue.
Being a celebrity or not really isn't the issue.
The press ruining lives isn't the issue.
Suicide is the issue. It ruins more than one life.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote: Prince Andrew is fair game.
Prince Andrew should be dealt with by the law, not the press. I couldn't give a fig what they say, I just want justice done for all those victims of grooming, of sex parties, of rape and exploitation.
Nobody should be above the law, end of.

I also want that American diplomat's wife to come back and face the music.

But money talks.
And money impresses vast swathes of the idiot public into keeping these ****s in power.
blackpool white

rigger, look mate.

I never once mentioned suicide, nor even caroline flack.

All I said was I would not complain about being hounded by the press if i were a celebrity earning over a million.

That is not insensitive, its just my opinion, which I am sure is shared by many others. Isn't a forum the place to express one's views?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

blackpool white wrote:seems my opinion has upset a few people, so first let me explain this remark.

Yet your disgusting comment mentioned nothing about the media etc, you basically mocked someone who has killed their self. Did you try to be as edgy when Gary Speed killed himself?
blackpool white

rigger wrote:
Prince Andrew should be dealt with by the law, not the press. I couldn't give a fig what they say, I just want justice done for all those victims of grooming, of sex parties, of rape and exploitation.

But money talks.
And money impresses vast swathes of the idiot public into keeping these ****s in power.
changing the subject......Prinve Andrew has done nothing illegal. Even if he did have sex with that woman, it was not rape, and she was 17, ie of legal age for sex. Prince Andrew has received loads of flack for this but has never groomed anyone.

As for the American's diplomat wife.....whether it was right or wrong she did have diplomatic immunity at the time, and therefore by definition was immune to prosecutuion, while one can subsequently remove that, this could never be retrospective, otherwise whats the point of diplomatic immunity.

Its a bit like your ex removing consent for sex afterthe act and accusing you of rape.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

blackpool white wrote:rigger, look mate.

I never once mentioned suicide, nor even caroline flack.

All I said was I would not complain about being hounded by the press if i were a celebrity earning over a million.

That is not insensitive, its just my opinion, which I am sure is shared by many others. Isn't a forum the place to express one's views?
But what drives a person to suicide? It's easy just to say that they're mentally ill, but what led them towards becoming such? Flack has been hounded by the press for almost a decade now, dating right back to when she was going out with a 10 years junior Harry Styles. Throughout that, however, she still had her career and a future. The recent 'cancelling' she has faced at the hands of the press - completely mercilessly, as though repentance and forgiveness were completely out of the question - has left her reputation completely in tatters and her feeling as though she has no future. Why have they hounded her so much? Money and power. They want clicks and they want the power to control opinions, and people's lives; like being able to ruin someone's, as they have done. It does not matter whether someone is famous or earning 1.2m a year. They are still human. It is easy for you to say that you would be fine with such hounding when earning such, when it is entirely hypothetical. In the case of both the media, and partly yourself, it is easy to forget that others are humans with feelings when money is involved.

You mentioned how Meghan Markle has removed herself from the public eye, but has that stopped her from being under the media microscope? Has that stopped verminous internet trolls like Piers Morgan from writing about her?
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
blackpool white

Another Northern Soul wrote:Yet your disgusting comment mentioned nothing about the media etc, you basically mocked someone who has killed their self. Did you try to be as edgy when Gary Speed killed himself?
my disgusting comment neither mentioned caroline nor suicide, it did however mention the media.

Your use of Gary Speed's name is nothing short of disgraceful
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

rigger wrote:

But money talks.
You can't have one without the other tho can you? The story that never was? We have seen what happened in this country when the press backed off with the Asian grooming gangs. Nothing for a number of years leading to multiple rapes continuing for years! I honestly think some minor celebs think they use the press to further their careers, unaware of the spiders web they are crawling into.

I agree about the American Diplomat. Why not just hold your hands in the air and say you made fatal error? Honesty, empathy and forgiveness goes a long way in this world, running away just prolongs the agony for all involved, including the perpetrator.