The departed

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: The departed

Post by blackpool white »

SiMamu wrote:
blackpool white wrote:rigger, look mate.

I never once mentioned suicide, nor even caroline flack.

All I said was I would not complain about being hounded by the press if i were a celebrity earning over a million.

That is not insensitive, its just my opinion, which I am sure is shared by many others. Isn't a forum the place to express one's views?
But what drives a person to suicide? It's easy just to say that they're mentally ill, but what led them towards becoming such? Flack has been hounded by the press for almost a decade now, dating right back to when she was going out with a 10 years junior Harry Styles. Throughout that, however, she still had her career and a future. The recent 'cancelling' she has faced at the hands of the press - completely mercilessly, as though repentance and forgiveness were completely out of the question - has left her reputation completely in tatters and her feeling as though she has no future. Why have they hounded her so much? Money and power. They want clicks and they want the power to control opinions, and people's lives; like being able to ruin someone's, as they have done. It does not matter whether someone is famous or earning 1.2m a year. They are still human. It is easy for you to say that you would be fine with such hounding when earning such, when it is entirely hypothetical. In the case of both the media, and partly yourself, it is easy to forget that others are humans with feelings when money is involved.

You mentioned how Meghan Markle has removed herself from the public eye, but has that stopped her from being under the media microscope? Has that stopped verminous internet trolls like Piers Morgan from writing about her?
Look, love him or hate him Piers Morgan is highly successful and thats because millions of people tune in to hear him every morning.

And that is the crux of the matter.....if the public refused to buy the newspapers that these journalists sell to then the whole career of paparazzi would die.

Do not criticise prostitutes, if men choose not to buy sex then prostitution would stop in a heartbeat.....just the same for the media....if everyone stopped watching piers show, he would be out on his backside
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Not sure this is the thread to put every wrong in the world right.
It's a thread to pay tribute to those that have passed away.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Ok everyone, can we all just take a breath please :thumbup:.

This thread is way off course, and will be closed if necessary.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

blackpool white wrote:changing the subject......Prinve Andrew has done nothing illegal. Even if he did have sex with that woman, it was not rape, and she was 17, ie of legal age for sex. Prince Andrew has received loads of flack for this but has never groomed anyone.

As for the American's diplomat wife.....whether it was right or wrong she did have diplomatic immunity at the time, and therefore by definition was immune to prosecutuion, while one can subsequently remove that, this could never be retrospective, otherwise whats the point of diplomatic immunity.
Re Prince Andrew :
Do you not think he was complicit in those acts, knowing those people and attending those parties ?
Do you think it's morally acceptable for a man in his 40s to be sleeping with a girl of 17 ?
Do you not think he knows what went on but is refusing to cooperate with the legal process right now ?

Re the diplomat's wife :
So using and bending the law is okay then ?
Tax evasion ? You're okay with that ?
Amazon, Starbucks, Costa, Gap, Vodafone, Apple .. you're fine with them paying little or no corporate taxes ?
It's the same thing : it's wrong and it shouldn't happen.
blackpool white

rigger, I would love to discuss these issues with you, but as SW rightly says this is not the right thread

please start a new thread and i will answer you
Deleted User 728

blackpool white wrote:rigger, look mate.

I never once mentioned suicide, nor even caroline flack.

All I said was I would not complain about being hounded by the press if i were a celebrity earning over a million.

That is not insensitive, its just my opinion, which I am sure is shared by many others. Isn't a forum the place to express one's views?

Unbelievable.
If you don't think that what you said in insensitive then you are deluding yourself.

I don't give a rat's that you didn't use the words suicide or Flack in your post : you were directly referring to her when you quoted the salary she earned.

If there's one thing I really hate in the modern world it's when someone says something appalling and then sticks what they think is the little caveat on the end "just sayin' " ...
It's not a get out of jail free card.
You did exactly that when you said "It's just my opinion". Sometimes an opinion should stay inside your head. This is one of those times.
Deleted User 728

I don't have the time this evening. I should've been in bed an hour ago for work tomorrow - I'm up at 3am - but your comment means I'm wide awake.

I'm out of here now though.

Mods, do whatever you see fit : close this thread, remove the posts about all this and start a new one - whichever you decide I'll be fine with.
I need to get some sleep.
blackpool white

harry gregg, the busby babe goalkeeper has died.

he played again just 2 weeks after the crash and kept a clean sheet

rip harry
Deleted User 728

Blackpool White, in the interests of the site's overall harmony I am closing this thread for good.
I'll start a new one with the same objective : to remember the dead and comment on their passing.

I think it should be you who starts a new thread IF you're serious abouting want to discuss what's gone on in here over the last day or so.
Or do you just want to move on, as you appear to from the post above ?