Places Visited (New)

Introduce yourself here
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Places Visited (New)

Post by Davycc »

Lockdown has got me thinking again !!

https://maphub.net/davycc/lufctalk-visited

Well guys, after being let down by a couple of sites I've found this free one with no limits to markers etc (so I've been informed) It's very easy to use, see the short vidoe below.

https://maphub.net/ Click here to go to log in.
Username - Davycc
Password - Leeds1972.

Then select "My Maps"

To just view the map the direct link is above.

You can choose any colour of marker or select an icon for your pins. You can also add images if you like.

Too add pins to your group make sure the small triangle beside your name is pointing downwards as at 0.19. Remember to save the map when finished (top right of screen)

The video is a lot clearer when viewed full screen here https://youtu.be/JPim7qluyQs

Any questions just ask.

Hopefully multiple members can log in and add pins at the same time. If you can't log in this may be the reason.

https://maphub.net/ Click here to go to log in.
Username - Davycc
Password - Leeds1972.

Once logged and the map is open.

1. Click on new group at the bottom of the page.

2. In the box top right highlighted blue enter your name, it will change now in the list of names.
3.Click on your name in the list to ensure the triangle is pointing down
4. Click on the pin icon (below pic) and then click on your chosen map location.

A pin will appear called "New item" change to whatever you want in the title box top right (my example shows Egypt and purple) and choose a colour or icon.

5. click anywhere off your pin you will now see this location under your name, see below.

6. Drag the location slighly to the right to contain it in your personal list. (this will ensure all your additions are stored under your entry.)
7. Click on save top right.

Now just follow steps 4-7 for each location. It sounds long winded but once you have entered one you will find it easy. You can also delete entries by clicking on the pin and using the delete key on your keyboard.
If you scroll down below the colours and icons therea box called GROUP if you need to move any pins to your group just select the pin and chose your Name in the GROUP box and it will move it.

You can toggle other members, or indeed your own entries by simply clicking on the "eye" symbol beside their name.

Please everyone don't be afraid to play around adding pics etc. Everything is an easy fix and there's no set rules. All I suggest is you remember to keep locations "dragged to the right" in the list under your name.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Places Visited (New)

Post by mapperleywhite »

Good way to spend a lockdown afternoon......
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

mapperleywhite wrote:Good way to spend a lockdown afternoon......
Cover the map rightly you do lol
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

Davycc wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:Good way to spend a lockdown afternoon......
Cover the map rightly you do lol
:lol: has a nice blue and yellow look to it now don't you think? :lol:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

it does indeed.. I know theres a few people that could add a wash of other colours/icon to it as well.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Davycc wrote:it does indeed.. I knowq theres a few people that could add a wash of other colours/icon to it as well.
Can’t work out how to do this :shifty:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:it does indeed.. I knowq theres a few people that could add a wash of other colours/icon to it as well.
Added a bit more help to the first post. It might sound long winded but once you do one it's easy.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
Added a bit more help to the first post. It might sound long winded but once you do one it's easy.
What I found easiest was to use the 'search' icon top left, magnifying glass. I put the name of a place I'd visited and then pressed enter. A list then appears and I selected the appropriate one. Then you get an option to add it to your list. Sometimes the locations are a bit wayward but you can move it to where you want once it's been saved.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

mapperleywhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
What I found easiest was to use the 'search' icon top left, magnifying glass. I put the name of a place I'd visited and then pressed enter. A list then appears and I selected the appropriate one. Then you get an option to add it to your list. Sometimes the locations are a bit wayward but you can move it to where you want once it's been saved.
How do you get the peg colour ? Don’t want to do blue again.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
How do you get the peg colour ? Don’t want to do blue again.
Click on your name then on a colour or one of the icons (personal choice) the first multi-coloured icon if you click on that you can choose any colour. Once choen all your pins will change.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders