LUTV - is it any good nowadays ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

LUTV - is it any good nowadays ?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Read this story today : https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/cham ... le-2870499

I would imagine all our games would be on Sky, but just in case they're not I wondered if it was any good ?
I know there were a few teething problems reported in here : is the streaming itself good quality, for example ?
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: LUTV - is it any good nowadays ?

Post by Nic »

For the PL Sky & BT sport have been given their normal allotment of matches (amazon have already broadcast the matches they bid for) and the remainder of the matches, many that were originally scheduled for 3pm have been divided up, with Sky & BT getting the majority. Sky have stated the extra matches they get will be on their FTA channel, so no sub required, and BT sport are offering a reduced sub.

Now something similar may be done for championship matches.

LUTV tends to be a 1-camera set up and its not HD. The same stream is provided for ifollow under a reciprocal deal for away games, which again tend to be 1 camera. Although ifollow is always opposition commentary for us.

We don't know if there will be any regional restrictions for LUTV (games that were overseas only tend to be £5, but ones for UK £10).
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Thanks for that, Nic.

Guess it's a case of wait and see till the fixtures are out and all the games are divvied up between platforms.
SelmaBamaMan
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

I received this today from LUTV when I asked when and what matches I could see in the US through LUTV:

"We are still in talks with the relevant broadcasters, so please keep an eye on the website to what games will be available and where."
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Whenever I've watched LUTV it has been through an IPTV so my viewing experience might be different, but I only ever seem to read negative comments about it. Maybe people just WANT to be disparaging about things like this, the main gripe being ads on the screen throughout matches. I haven't had that problem so I'm not sure what the answer to it is.

FWIW I was always impressed by the pundits, Ben Parker and the over-smooth Tony Dorigo, and Bryn Law's commentary has always been very very good.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

LUTV has improved huge amounts this season, in my opinion. Firstly, it's definitely HD (finally!). Why it's taken so long to start using HD is beyond me - they'd have been late to the party if they introduced it seven or eight years ago.

The production has always been poor - whether it's the cameraman filming the crowd / Kiko when we are in the final third or shoddy scoreboard graphics. However, this season, it's definitely got a lot better and the cameraman seems much more stable. I can't comment on pre or post match entertainment (or even half time), but as far as the production of the actual match goes, it's definitely worth it. If you'd have asked me this question a year ago, I'd have told you to pass on it. Previously the match player was plagued with bugs and would randomly shut off mid-stream and not return for a couple of minutes (or in some cases, for the rest of the match). Again, I've had no issues this season.

I'd get a VPN and stream from overseas. Well worth a fiver a game.
Nic

Post by Nic »

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/sky- ... ky-sports/
As part of a new and innovative arrangement between the EFL and Sky Sports, which will see the broadcaster show 45 games live, Season Ticket holders at all Sky Bet EFL Championship Clubs will be given unprecedented access to watch the conclusion of the 2019/20 season online.

The Championship season will resume behind closed doors on June 20 live on Sky Sports, and work has been undertaken to ensure Season Ticket holding supporters are given the opportunity not to miss any of the action, whether the games take place home or away.

Sky Sports will broadcast 30 of the remaining 108 Championship matches alongside exclusively showing the 15 games across all EFL divisions in the Sky Bet Play-Offs. The 30 live League fixtures will also be streamed on a Club’s iFollow (or equivalent) service, where access will be provided for Season Ticket holders.

The decision to structure this arrangement in such a unique way has become possible as a result of a settlement deal agreed between the EFL and Sky following the postponement of the competition earlier this year, and is one that has limited financial impact on the existing arrangement with the broadcaster at a time when EFL Clubs have lost a significant income stream through a lack of gate receipts.

The broadcast selections made prior to the season suspension will now not apply, and Sky Sports will start this process “from scratch” with first selections expected to be available early next week.
So matches will be on sky and ifollow/LUTV. With more Sky involvement it might mean better quality video? However as Sky can choose afresh which matches to broadcast, we may see more Leeds matches that way. Also read that unlike the PL there will not be any FTV matches.

So the option for STH to get a pass to watch games (on LUTV) may be less appealing to anyone who already has Sky.
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... nformation

Details for final nine games.

Leeds United can confirm details regarding information as to which games will be shown live on LUTV.

All Adult and Concession Season Ticket holders who chose the Club Bundle as part of their Season Ticket rebate, will be provided with a unique code to enable them to watch ALL of Leeds United’s final nine games live on LUTV for FREE. 

ONLY Season Ticket holders who selected the Club Bundle will be able to watch ALL nine games, whether selected for live TV coverage (by Sky Sports or international broadcasters) or otherwise on LUTV.The club are currently in the process of sending out the unique voucher codes and detailed instructions to all Season Ticket holders who selected the Club Bundle, via email (from 16 June).

Season Ticket holders are strongly advised to login immediately on receipt of their unique voucher code and check that you can watch the Test Stream we have made available, to avoid any problems on Sunday for our first game against Cardiff City. 

NON SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

The options available for supporters who are not Season Ticket holders or Season Ticket holders who did not select the Club Bundle are as follows;

Can I buy a live stream for LUTV if the game is being shown live on Sky Sports?

If you live in the UK or Republic of Ireland, you will NOT be able to buy an LUTV stream to watch a game that is being broadcast live on TV. Sky Sports have exclusive rights for these games and therefore LUTV cannot offer live streams for these specific games.

Overseas supporters, who are not Season Ticket holders and who live in countries classed as ‘dark market’ territories can purchase a Live Video Match Pass for each individual game for a charge of £5.00 per game 

Can I buy a live stream for LUTV if the game is NOT being shown live on Sky Sports?

Currently two of our games against Luton Town and Blackburn Rovers have not been chosen for live broadcast. 

For these two games, all supporters around the world will be able to purchase a Live Video Match Pass to watch the games live on LUTV.  These are priced at £10 for supporters in the UK and the Republic of Ireland and £5.00 for those who live outside of the UK and Republic of Ireland. 

None of the remaining games of the 2019/20 Season will be shown via the Red Button on Sky Sports.

Can I still pay to hear live audio commentary on LUTV?

Live audio commentary is available via LUTV with the purchase of a 99p Weekly Pass to any supporters worldwide, whether the games are being shown live on Sky Sports or otherwise.

BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Having bought an LUTV pass for tomorrow's match I'm just wondering the best way to watch it. I know I can use my laptop but has anyone downloaded the Leeds app onto their tv and is able to watch it that way? Thanks
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Live games are only available via the desktop version of the official website or via app on mobile or tablet.

You can most likely connect your device to your smart TV if you already do that (via Apple TV or another devcie)

Works really well for me in Australia, no lag, no drop outs. And Ben Parker! ;)