Ayup!

Introduce yourself here
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Ayup!

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome to the forum! Always good to see another ex-pat in here :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Yorkshirelad
Giddy Kipper

Post by Yorkshirelad »

Saxon wrote:Welcome Yorkshirelad.
I was at Villa Park that game, no doubt 'we were robbed'.
Totally. The Chelsea wall wasn't ten yards, so he penalises Leeds by disallowing the goal. And then there was the 1975 European Cup Final...

OK, that's all in the past, let's look forward to a return to the glory days to come, eh?!
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

A story from my trip to San Francisco. We asked our guide who had just finished our tour of the city to recommend a restaurant & without hesitation he said Alioto’s on Fisherman’s Wharf. Off we went & into the restaurant to be greeted by the Maitre de who showed us to a booth I asked was there any chance of a window seat overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, sorry they’re all fully booked. We decided to have a glass of wine at the bar where we got talking to the barman & said after we’ve finished our wine we would look for another restaurant to have our lunch. The barman made several trips serving tables but chatted to us on his return. He told us he was retired but helped out occasionally. The Maitre de appeared to ask us to follow him to our table as I said I didn’t want a booth he asked me to humour him. We were seated in the middle of the window seats overlooking the bridge. The waiter gave us menus & asked who we were. At which point he said that this particular table was always reserved for VIP’s, movie stars & politicians . I said we were none of those but by this time several Asian tourists got up & started taking our photographs. I explained I’d no idea how we’d got the table & said we were chatting to the nice barman & then brought to this table. It turned out the barman was the owner & a previous mayor of San Francisco.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:A story from my trip to San Francisco. We asked our guide who had just finished our tour of the city to recommend a restaurant & without hesitation he said Alioto’s on Fisherman’s Wharf. Off we went & into the restaurant to be greeted by the Maitre de who showed us to a booth I asked was there any chance of a window seat overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, sorry they’re all fully booked. We decided to have a glass of wine at the bar where we got talking to the barman & said after we’ve finished our wine we would look for another restaurant to have our lunch. The barman made several trips serving tables but chatted to us on his return. He told us he was retired but helped out occasionally. The Maitre de appeared to ask us to follow him to our table as I said I didn’t want a booth he asked me to humour him. We were seated in the middle of the window seats overlooking the bridge. The waiter gave us menus & asked who we were. At which point he said that this particular table was always reserved for VIP’s, movie stars & politicians . I said we were none of those but by this time several Asian tourists got up & started taking our photographs. I explained I’d no idea how we’d got the table & said we were chatting to the nice barman & then brought to this table. It turned out the barman was the owner & a previous mayor of San Francisco.
Great story, the Asian tourists taking photos really made me chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:A story from my trip to San Francisco. We asked our guide who had just finished our tour of the city to recommend a restaurant & without hesitation he said Alioto’s on Fisherman’s Wharf. Off we went & into the restaurant to be greeted by the Maitre de who showed us to a booth I asked was there any chance of a window seat overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, sorry they’re all fully booked. We decided to have a glass of wine at the bar where we got talking to the barman & said after we’ve finished our wine we would look for another restaurant to have our lunch. The barman made several trips serving tables but chatted to us on his return. He told us he was retired but helped out occasionally. The Maitre de appeared to ask us to follow him to our table as I said I didn’t want a booth he asked me to humour him. We were seated in the middle of the window seats overlooking the bridge. The waiter gave us menus & asked who we were. At which point he said that this particular table was always reserved for VIP’s, movie stars & politicians . I said we were none of those but by this time several Asian tourists got up & started taking our photographs. I explained I’d no idea how we’d got the table & said we were chatting to the nice barman & then brought to this table. It turned out the barman was the owner & a previous mayor of San Francisco.
They obviously thought you were Ian Baird. :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Great story, the Asian tourists taking photos really made me chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's the fact that they keep showing their neighbours the photos they got of Ian baird that tickles me. ;)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Wigan White wrote:
That's fookin scary !! :shock:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Davycc wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
That's fookin scary !! :shock:
Great minds...........
Yorkshirelad
Giddy Kipper

Post by Yorkshirelad »

NottinghamWhite wrote:...Alioto’s on Fisherman’s Wharf...it turned out the barman was the owner & a previous mayor of San Francisco.
Cool story!

That would be Joseph Alioto, SF mayor from 1968 to 1976. The restaurant is currently closed due to you-know-what.