2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Costa did set our first goal up on Saturday.

And if Brighton really have set a fee of £35m on White, a player they've loaned out more than used themselves, I think they might be in for a rude awakening personally.

As long as Bielsa is happy with his squad then so am I, simple as that really.
MOT1919
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by MOT1919 »

rigger wrote:You could say the same about Douglas : the words "I saw you coming" spring to mind ..
Douglas was decent until the injuries started piling up and he cost a bag of peanuts considering the Costa price tag.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Is Augustin injured ?
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Is Augustin injured ?
Yes.

His loan ended yesterday and the club haven't said what's happening with him.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:
Yes.

The whole thing with him as been a bit odd for me, he looked to have lost loads of weight during lockdown with his training though.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Yes.

The whole thing with him as been a bit odd for me, he looked to have lost loads of weight during lockdown with his training though.
Thought he was going to be in the squad for the Cardiff game but got injured a couple of days before.

Agree he looked much leaner and fitter than when he first signed and was looking forward to seeing if he is the real deal.
Surprised the club have said nothing either way but suspect signing him may be dependant on promotion (just speculating) and may get an announcement when its confirmed. Otherwise can't see why the Club wouldn't announce he was returning to his parent club.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Yes.

Thought he was going to be in the squad for the Cardiff game but got injured a couple of days before.

Agree he looked much leaner and fitter than when he first signed and was looking forward to seeing if he is the real deal.
Surprised the club have said nothing either way but suspect signing him may be dependant on promotion (just speculating) and may get an announcement when its confirmed. Otherwise can't see why the Club wouldn't announce he was returning to his parent club.
Yep, this is the deal Selby. If we go up, we're obliged to sign him unless all three parties (us, RB Leipzig and JKA) come to an agreement to the contrary. Leeds have let the loan expire, but that's nothing to do with the obligation to buy. Basically, we'll get to the end of the season, then it'll be one of a few outcomes:

1. We don't go up, in which case we aren't obliged to sign JKA and are off the hook (but are resigned to Championship football obviously);
2. We go up, but JKA and Leeds agree that the deal isn't in anyone's best interests (JKA might realise he can't keep up with Bielsaball, or has a better chance elsewhere etc) and are able to cancel it. As I understand it this is only possible if JKA agrees to cancel the deal, in which case RB Leipzig can't do much about it and have to take him back; or
3. We go up, JKA still wants to join, and we're forced to sign him.

Until we've got certainty on promotion or not, I don't think there'll be any movement on any of the above, and personally I'm so bloody nervous about us throwing it away and ending up in the playoffs I'm pretty happy to forget about it all for now either way. If he was fit this would be a totally different debate of course, given we've got a fundamental inability to score goals.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Yes.

Just seen this from Phil Hay

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/127 ... 84769?s=19
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Further to Wigan Whites post, one of the shortest club statements ever.........

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... -to-an-end
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Manuel Veth
@ManuelVeth

#RBLeipzig have made it clear. In case of Leeds’ promotion they will have to buy Jean-Kevin Augustin for €21m. #LUFC are currently trying to get out of the contract citing that the season ends after June 30. Leipzig maintain, the contract is water tight. Bring in the lawyers.