REMAINING GAMES.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: REMAINING GAMES.

Post by NottinghamWhite »

More tasty fixtures midweek:

Cardiff v Derby
Forest v Swansea
Brentford v Preston
Millwall v Blackburn
WBA v Fulham
Leeds United v Barnsley

After today there’s got to be added pressure on West Brom & Brentford. I can honestly see Fulham beating the Baggies.
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:More tasty fixtures midweek:

Cardiff v Derby
Forest v Swansea
Brentford v Preston
Millwall v Blackburn
WBA v Fulham
Leeds United v Barnsley

After today there’s got to be added pressure on West Brom & Brentford. I can honestly see Fulham beating the Baggies.
Cardiff will be loving our win today and Derby could be out of it if they lose.

I have a feeling PNE will give Brentford a hard game as they have a whiff of play-offs still. I've watched Brentford's games (after tipping they might well win all the re-start ones) and Charlton gave them a real fright.

And I agree, Phil, Fulham have hit form after we slapped them 3-0 :D

Barnsley have to win to have any chance of staying up, so it's not going to be that easy.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Brentford don’t win on Tuesday, and we do on Thursday it’s all over.

Beers chilling already :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
The Sparkly stuff is in the fridge, 2 bottles one for promotion and one when we win it.

Bottle of white wine with each win before that, currently on the go. (that's on top of our usual red later).

Beer is for calming the nerves :D

Mrs SW is starting to enjoy Leeds games :lol:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Barlow Boy wrote:Brentford don’t win on Tuesday, and we do on Thursday it’s all over.

From a personal perspective, I don't want us to secure promotion until the Derby game; I've missed both the Stoke and Swansea games because of work commitments, and will miss Barnsley too; and I don't want to miss that long awaited moment/be getting updates on my phone, rather than watching it at home.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
The Squirrel
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by The Squirrel »

Scrappy, off their game today. I'll take it. 4 more points boys
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SiMamu wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Brentford don’t win on Tuesday, and we do on Thursday it’s all over.

From a personal perspective, I don't want us to secure promotion until the Derby game; I've missed both the Stoke and Swansea games because of work commitments, and will miss Barnsley too; and I don't want to miss that long awaited moment/be getting updates on my phone, rather than watching it at home.
To be honest, I would prefer to do it at Derby too. I haven’t missed a home game for 9 years, so would have been there on Thursday without question, but doubt I would have got a ticket for Derby away.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

If we beat Barnsley then that puts pressure on WBA and Brentford. I think a good win against Barnsley with an improvement to our goals difference, will be enough. The rest will drop points.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
SiMamu wrote:

To be honest, I would prefer to do it at Derby too. I haven’t missed a home game for 9 years, so would have been there on Thursday without question, but doubt I would have got a ticket for Derby away.
Promotion v Barnsley and the title at Derby is what I would like to see.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
SiMamu wrote:

Promotion v Barnsley and the title at Derby is what I would like to see.
Me too, I dont' want to wait any longer than necessary, i know its a shame for those who attend the games (pre-Covid) normally as they can't be there in person but i want it done and dusted hopefully by the final whistle at home to Barnsley.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.