Congratulations

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Paul ITFC
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Congratulations

Post by Paul ITFC »

I do not think that I am premature in congratulating you on your return to the top flight, the club belongs there.

I have not really had any great personal affiliation to LUFC since the mid 1970's although I was pleased when you won the title in 1992.

I was at Elland Road when the 1-1 draw with my ITFC more or less saw you leave The Championship at the wrong end so I am pleased that you are now about to go out of it at the right end-perhaps ITFC will do that again one day but looks quite a way off at the moment.

I could have waited until it was absolutely certain before posting this but it can't go wrong now can it?

As a few will know I joined this site to post regarding the sad loss of Norman Hunter and sadly two more have gone since then.

I watched a lot of LUFC games in London (and Suffolk and Norfolk) in the early to mid 1970's including the 1972 and 1973 Cup Finals and 1974 Charity Shield.

Anyway-congratulations.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Congratulations

Post by Selby White »

Will be happy to accept your congratulations once its mathematically over :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Thank you Paul, but yes too early! :-) You'll see in the superstitious thread just how messed up we all are after our post-Revie era ups and mainly downs. I think the Don was the most superstitious manager ever and perhaps El Loco is 2nd, our previous owner gor rid of a player when he found out they were born on an 'unlucky' number day of the month ... wondering if this is just a Leeds thing?
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

I hope Paul by tomorrow we can all accept your congratulations, lots of fingers and toes crossed methinks.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Followed this club for over 50 years I’ll celebrate when we are definitely up. There’s still a mathematical chance we might fail. Although saying that the bubbly is in the fridge ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Thanks Paul, please post again when it's confirmed and stay around :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Paul ITFC

Post by Paul ITFC »

I can understand the doubts,worries and superstitions and if it was still VERY tight I would not have made my post.

I think it might not be mathematically certain until the end of the game at Derby but you are as good as there.

Although if I was still as close to LUFC as I was forty odd years ago I would still be seeing all the things that might go wrong.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Paul ITFC wrote:I do not think that I am premature in congratulating you on your return to the top flight, the club belongs there.

I have not really had any great personal affiliation to LUFC since the mid 1970's although I was pleased when you won the title in 1992.

I was at Elland Road when the 1-1 draw with my ITFC more or less saw you leave The Championship at the wrong end so I am pleased that you are now about to go out of it at the right end-perhaps ITFC will do that again one day but looks quite a way off at the moment.

I could have waited until it was absolutely certain before posting this but it can't go wrong now can it?

As a few will know I joined this site to post regarding the sad loss of Norman Hunter and sadly two more have gone since then.

I watched a lot of LUFC games in London (and Suffolk and Norfolk) in the early to mid 1970's including the 1972 and 1973 Cup Finals and 1974 Charity Shield.

Anyway-congratulations.
Thanks Paul, always had a soft spot for Ipswich so I hope you get back on track asap. TBF I used to quite like Norwich until they became a scavenger for half of our players, now they're just a joke of a club! If Coventry can do it then I hope they can inspire lots of clubs who have gone through the mire in recent times.

As a few have said, it's still too early but I have a feeling Hudders might get us a helpful result this evening :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

One thing we can celebrate is....

Let the Norwich see the Championship

Winner of the Europa League
Paul ITFC

Post by Paul ITFC »

NottinghamWhite wrote:One thing we can celebrate is....

Let the Norwich see the Championship

Watching them lose every game over the last three weeks or so has been my far my favourite series on TV at the moment.

I will probably watch them against Burnley tomorrow to see if they can do it again.They are at Man City last game.